OVER THE FENCE BALLS
- Matt Chamberlain and Chris Rayner, North Branford: Chamberlain hit a 3-run homer and Rayner a grand slam as the Thunderbirds defeated Hale-Ray 23-1.
- Andrew Lemkuil, Kingswood-Oxford: Hit two home runs in a 8-1 win over South Kent.
- Nathan Eberly, Simsbury: Hit a home run (and picked up the save) in the Trojans’ 7-6 win over Conard.
- Sean Gutierrez, Fairfield Ludlowe: Hit a grand slam in the Falcons’ 5-2 win over Westhill.
- Jacob Schaetzel, Canton: Hit his second home run of the season in the Warrior’ 4-3 win over East Windsor.
- Nick Longo, Wolcott: Hit a solo homer in the Eagles’ 3-1 win over Woodland.
- Jimmy Titus, East Catholic: Hit two dingers during the week. The first was a 3-run shot in the 10th inning vs. Glastonbury and the other in the Eagles’ 23-1 win over Bloomfield. Titus has six home runs this season.
- Eddie Sweeney, Daniel Hand: Hit a two-run home run in the Tigers’ 4-3 loss to Law.
- Ian MacDonald and Sean Del Gallo, Avon: MacDonald hit a grand slam and Del Gallo added a 2-run home run in the Falcons’ 6-4 win over Hall.
- Nolan Cloutier, Sheehan: Hit a home run and had five RBIs in the Titans’ 20-3 win over Career.
PAINTING THE BLACK
- Michael Sansone, Notre Dame-West Haven: Allowed one run on five hits while striking out three in six innings as the Green Knights beat Fairfield Prep 5-1.
- Kyle Desjardins, Granby Memorial: Threw a 2-hit complete game shutout in the Bears’ 8-0 win over Ellington.
- Jack DiMatteo, Haddam-Killingworth: Pitched six innings and struck out 10 in the Cougars’ 10-0 win over Coginchaug.
- Reece Maniscalco, Fairfield Warde: Carried a no-hitter into the sixth in the Mustangs’ 12-4 win over Staples.
- Kyle Brennan, Sheehan: Tossed a 3-hit complete game in the Titans’ 9-0 win over Hand.
- Greg Bradshaw, Branford: Struck out eight in a complete game 8-1 win over Career.
- Cole Chudoba, Oxford: Struck out nine and picked up the complete game win as the Wolverines beat Ansonia 7-1.
- Ryan Meury, Hopkins: Threw a no-hitter, striking out 11 in Hopkins 12-0 win over Greens Farms.
KEEP THE LINE MOVING
- Steve Mirra, Sheehan: Hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth as the Titans beat Lyman Hall 9-8 at newly minted Robert M. Neubauer Field.
- Nate Hickey, Bristol Eastern: Went 4-for-4 with three RBIs in the Lancers’ 12-2 win over East Catholic.
- Bobby Lazar, Fairfield Warde: Had three hits — including two doubles — and four RBI in the Mustangs’ 12-4 win over Staples.
- Pat Palmer, Ansonia: Went 3-for-4 with a double in the Chargers’ 6-1 win over Kolbe Cathedral.
- Corey Baxley, Lyman Hall: Hit a 2-run, game-winning double in the bottom of the seventh as Lyman Hall beat Foran 6-5.
- Owen Wosleger, East Hampton: Went 5-for-6 with two doubles, five RBIs and five runs scored in the Bellringers’ 16-3 win over Westbrook.
- Trevor Brandi, Hamden: Went 3-for-3 with two doubles and scored the winning run in the Green Dragons’ 5-4 win over Shelton.
- Jensey Padilla, Wilbur Cross: Went 3-for-3 and stole a base in the Governors’ 5-2 win over East Haven.
- Ryan O’Bernier, Litchfield: Went 3-for-3 with a double, three RBIs and two runs in Litchfield’s 7-5 win over Thomaston.
- Robert Matson’s walk-off hit scored Collin Farrell as Northwest Catholic defeated Watertown 6-5 in the 13th inning. Completing a suspended game that began on April 18.
- North Haven honored its five state championship teams on May 11. Coach Bob DeMayo is the link between them all.
- Notre Dame-West Haven pounded out 15 hits in the Green Knights’ 14-5 win over St. Joseph.
- Daniel Hand clinched its third straight SCC Hammonasset title.
- Xavier scored six runs in the sixth inning to beat Foran 6-4 on ‘Rich Magner Day.’
- Amity collected 17 hits in a 12-2 win over Notre Dame-West Haven.
THIS WEEK IN BASEBALL
- Masuk at Newtown, Tuesday, 4 p.m.: The top two teams in the SWC Colonial Division with conference tournament seeding implications on the line.
- Branford at Daniel Hand, Tuesday, 4 p.m.: The Hammonasset vs. Oronoque division champions go head-to-head.
- Staples at Danbury, Wednesday, 4 p.m.: The Wreckers and Hatters are hanging on for dear life to the final FCIAC playoff spot. The winner will clinch one of the final spots.
- Barlow at Notre Dame-Fairfield, Tuesday, 4:15 p.m.: One of the final spots in the SWC tournament will come down to the result of this game.