Welcome to the second half.
It’s getting colder out there. Pack a scarf and some gloves. We’re on the cusp of November. Crunch time.
Here’s where our brave competitors head down the back stretch and begin to turn the corner toward the home stretch.
It’s Week 7, the last week of October. Mega-games dot the statewide landscape. In the FCIAC, No. 2 New Canaan will get to flex its muscles against the stronger opponents of its schedule. The Rams play two-time defending FCIAC champion Staples, which hasn’t lost to an FCIAC team in almost three years.
In the SCC, Hand is on a five-game win streak. The Tigers roll into Finn Stadium to take on Class LL contender Shelton in a game that will define both teams’ season.
In the Pequot, titans clash when Valley Regional/Old Lyme heads to Morgan for an unbeaten Shoreline showdown.
In the SWC, Masuk’s dropped two straight and Bethel’s won four straight. They go head-to-head to determine who will stay afloat in the SWC race.
In the NVL, Wolcott gets last licks at toppling Ansonia’s Brass Division march.
In the CCC Farmington plays Bristol Eastern in hopes of staying unbeaten for next week’s showdown with Middletown. The CSC will see Cheney Tech attempt to take down Prince Tech’s march toward a Capital Prep showdown at the end of the year.
Big games galore. Let’s find out who’s going to be our lucky November contestants for the playoff push.
Join us, won’t you? We’ll have updates on all the games here on the live blog. Lot’s going on.
ON THE AIR
- West Haven (5-1) at Hamden (3-3), Friday, 7 p.m.: WELI 960-AM
- Weston (3-3) at Newtown (6-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: CPTVSports (check local listings)
- Xavier (4-2) at Notre Dame-West Haven (3-3), Friday, 7 p.m.: WCNX 1790-AM | GoGreenKnights.com
- New Canaan (6-0) at Staples (5-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WWPT 90.3-FM
- Ansonia (6-0) at Wolcott (4-2), Friday, 7 p.m.: WATR 1320-AM
- Fairfield Warde (2-4) at Greenwich (3-3), Saturday, 3 p.m.: WGCH 1490-AM
- CIAC PLAYOFF POINT PAGE (Updated live)
- The 2013 High School Football MIDSEASON REPORT
- Week 7 Schedule
- Pooch’s Picks: Predictions for greater New Haven games
- Sean Patrick Bowley’s Audibles: Your guide to statewide HS football games
- West Haven’s McCarthy on brink of history
- State Football beat: Morgan gearing up for unbeaten clash vs. Valley Regional/Old Lyme
- Ray Curren’s Inside the SCC: Cooper quietly concluding a stellar career
- Holy Cross pulls away from Torrington
- Immaculate forfeits | Housatonic/Wamogo forfeits
- ‘Underdog’ Staples ready for another epic encounter vs. No. 2 New Canaan
- Week 6’s Plays of the Week!
LIVE UPDATE BLOG
Please refresh browser for latest scores
New Canaan 43, Staples 7 (Final)
Hand 44, Shelton 41 (Final)
Foran 34, Hillhouse 6 (Final)
West Haven 49, Hamden 7 (Final) Ed McCarthy sets career record for coaching wins in state.
Xavier 54, Notre Dame-West Haven 13 (Final)
North Haven 47, Guilford 20 (Final)
Lyman Hall 22, East Haven 14 (Final)
Amity 24, Wilbur Cross 7 (Final)
Ansonia 62, Wolcott 27 (Final)
Seymour 49, Derby 26 (Final)
Woodland 54, Sacred Heart 6 (Final)
Wilby 32, Crosby 22 (Final)
Bethel 49, Masuk 13 (Final)
Valley Regional/Old Lyme 51, Morgan 6 (Final)
Newtown 47, Weston 13 (Final)
Brookfield 35, Oxford 20 (Final)
Trumbull 32, Wilton 28 (Final)
Middletown 47, Maloney 16 (Final)
Bristol Eastern 30, Windsor 28 (Final)
Glastonbury 41, Manchester 0 (4th)
Northwest Catholic 22, Berlin 13 (Final)
Killingly 26, Montville 21 (Final)
Hall 21, New Britain 6 (Final)
Farmington 35, Bristol Central 0 (Final)
UNH 40, SCSU 21 (Final)