This is it. This is crunch-time. No more dilly-dallying around. You’ve had your chances to work out the kinks and mold yourself into a state playoff team.
Now it’s time to win. Because winning, dear footballers, actually gets you into the state playoffs. And if you haven’t locked up a bid to one of our fine playoff divisions, then you’d best get to winning.
Some of you have taken care of the winning and have either locked up a bid (hello Ansonia, Newtown and Capital Prep) or have a wide margin of error. In other words, it’ll take a colossal tank job for you to not qualify at this point.
Good for you. As for the rest of our contestants on the bubble, you’ll read a lot of playoff scenarios and predictions and what-have-you, but the simple answer is to win, win, win. The rest, unfortunately, is out of your hands.
So, to get the low-down on where you stand as Week 10 kicks off, check out the state playoff snapshot. And, be sure to follow the CIAC’s REAL TIME playoff worksheets here. When the dust clears from tonight’s and Saturday’s games, we’ll have a much, much better idea of where you stand.
Now, onto your primer and live update blog (below).
- Kennedy (3-6) at Naugatuck (8-1), Friday, 7: WATR 1320-AM
- Xavier (7-2) at Fairfield Prep (7-2), Saturday, 7 p.m.: WCNX 1710-AM | WLIS 1420-AM / WMRD 1150-AM
- Notre Dame-West Haven (4-5) at Hand (6-3), Friday, 7 p.m.:gogreenknights.com | TigerPrideFootball
- Darien (8-1) at North Haven (8-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WAVZ 1300-AM (ESPNRadio)
- Norwalk (4-5) at Staples (7-2), Friday, 6 p.m.: WWPT 90.3-FM
- Greenwich (6-3) at Danbury (3-6), Friday, 7 p.m.: WGCH 1490-AM
- Derby (5-4) at Woodland (8-1), Friday, 6:30 p.m. CPTVSports.org
- St. Paul (6-3) at Torrington (1-8), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: WAPJ 89.9 FM 105.1 FM
- Week 10 football schedule
- The Week 10 GameTimeCT/Register Top 10 Poll
- Fairfield Prep embraces challenge of reaching LL playoffs
- Law hoping to end season on positive note
- Ansonia routs Crosby, awaits NVL title opponent
- Pooch’s Picks: Predictions for Greater New Haven’s games
- Sean Patrick Bowley’s Audibles: Statewide guide to this week’s games
- Week 10?s Games to Watch: Several epics highlight final full week before Thanksgiving
- Video: New Canaan’s Peter Swindell: Good at kicking footballs [updated]
- Housatonic/Wamogo forfeits again, holds out hope to play
- The Week 9 PLAYS OF THE WEEK
- Ray Curren’s Inside the SCC: Not everything’s a zero-sum game
- Sean Patrick Bowley: Thrill of victory/agony of defeat on Armageddon weekend
- FCIAC playoff picture
- SWC playoff picture