OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Bristol Central’s Tyler Burrow: Rushed 24 times for 342 yards and six touchdowns in a 46-22 win over Maloney on Friday.
- Cheshire’s Andrew Yamin: Carried 20 times for 240 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-13 win over Amity on Friday.
- Norwich Free Academy’s Marcus Outlow: Rushed for 260 yards and three scores in a 56-12 win over Killingly on Friday.
- Notre Dame-West Haven’s Drew Arciuolo: Had 143 receiving yards and three touchdowns and also ran for a touchdown in a 56-28 win over Wilbur Cross on Friday.
- Trumbull’s Nick Roberts: Passed for 308 yards and four touchdowns in a 45-14 win over Danbury on Friday.
- West Haven’s Ervin Philips: Carried 26 times for 267 yards and five touchdowns in a 46-35 win over Hand on Friday. Philips also recovered an onside kick and a fumble.
DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Bunnell’s Zhyaire Fernandes: Made two interceptions in a 28-26 loss to New Fairfield on Friday.
- Greenwich’s Jack Wynne: Recorded five sacks in a 40-7 win over Westhill on Friday.
- Law’s Max German: Returned an interception 50 yards for a touchdown in a 27-14 win over Branford on Friday.
- St. Joseph’s Jack Yerxa: Returned a fumble 25 yards for a touchdown in a 47-27 win over Fairfield Warde on Friday.
- Morgan’s Jake Ward: Scored on a 50-yard interception return in a 47-0 win over Stafford/East Windsor on Friday. Ward also ran for four touchdowns.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Brookfield’s Dane Borges: Kicked a 24-yard field goal and made six extra points in a 45-7 win over New Milford on Friday.
- Derby’s Jordan LaRue: Scored on kickoff returns of 75 and 82 yards in a 49-14 win over Watertown on Friday.
- New London’s Garrett Burdick: Freshman kicked the game-winning 22-yard field goal as time expired in a 23-21 victory over Middletown on Friday.
- Ridgefield’s Collin Lowe: Kicked a 39-yard field goal in a 44-7 win over McMahon on Friday.
- Darien’s Daly Hebert: Kicked a 30-yard field goal and made four extra points in a 47-23 win over Harding on Saturday.
TEAMS OF THE WEEK
- Morgan: Tied a state-record by returning three interceptions for touchdowns in a 47-0 win over Stafford/East Windsor on Friday. Ward (50 yards), Joe Lee (70 yards) and Gabe Eriksen (10 yards) scored on the interceptions.
- New London: Knocked off previously unbeaten Middletown 23-21 on Friday.
- Ridgefield: Crushed previously unbeaten McMahon 44-7 on Friday.
- Stonington: Pat Dooley recovered a fumble, which led to the winning score, in a 28-21 victory over Ledyard on Friday.
- Valley Regional/Old Lyme: Defeated Cromwell 49-2 on Friday to earn coach Tim King his 100th victory.
- Hamden Hall: Defeated prep school rival Hopkins for the second straight time with a 42-23 win on Saturday.
PLAYS OF THE WEEK
ON THE AIR
- Kennedy (3-6) at Naugatuck (8-1), Friday, 7: WATR 1320-AM
- Xavier (7-2) at Fairfield Prep (7-2), Saturday, 7 p.m.: WCNX 1710-AM | WLIS 1420-AM / WMRD 1150-AM
- Notre Dame-West Haven (4-5) at Hand (6-3), Friday, 7 p.m.: gogreenknights.com | TigerPrideFootball
- Darien (8-1) at North Haven (8-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WAVZ 1300-AM (ESPNRadio)
- Norwalk (4-5) at Staples (7-2), Friday, 6 p.m.: WWPT 90.3-FM
- Greenwich (6-3) at Danbury (3-6), Friday, 7 p.m.: WGCH 1490-AM
- Derby (5-4) at Woodland (8-1), Friday, 6:30 p.m. CPTVSports.org
- St. Paul (6-3) at Torrington (1-8), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: WAPJ 89.9 FM 105.1 FM
GET OUT AND GO
- Coginchaug (6-2) at North Branford, Friday, 6:30 p.m.: A five-game winning-streak has propelled Coginchaug into the Class S playoff hunt.
- Brookfield (8-1) at Barlow (8-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: Winner to face Newtown for the SWC championship.
- Darien (8-1) at North Haven (8-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: An important contest that will help determine the Class L playoff field.
- St. Joseph (8-1) at McMahon (7-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: St. Joseph can take a big step towards qualifying for the FCIAC title game with a win here. That likey won’t be decided until Saturday’s games.
- Xavier (7-2) at Fairfield Prep (7-2), Saturday, 7 p.m.: Playoff dreams, and the SCC Division I West title, on the line in Fairfield.
- Platt (9-0) at Northwest Catholic (7-2), Saturday, 1 p.m.: Platt can all but clinch a berth in the Class L playoffs. With Rocky Hill looming, NWC needs this to keep its strong position in Class S.
- The Week 10 GameTimeCT/Register Top 10 Poll
- Week 10 football schedule
- Mike Pucci: Fairfield Prep embraces challenge of reaching LL playoffs
- Ray Curren’s Inside the SCC: Not everything’s a zero-sum game
- Sean Patrick Bowley: Thrill of victory/agony of defeat on Armageddon weekend
- FCIAC playoff picture
- SWC playoff picture