OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Cheshire Academy’s Patrick Kehoe: Completed 35 of 47 passes for 660 yards and eight touchdowns in a 70-20 prep school win over New Hampton on Saturday.
- Fairfield Prep’s Colton Smith: Ran for 299 yards and three touchdowns and threw for 128 yards and one score in a 46-27 win over Xavier on Saturday.
- Greenwich’s Austin Longi: Rushed for 272 yards and five touchdowns and also caught a touchdown pass and scored on a punt return in a 57-29 win over Danbury on Friday.
- Oxford’s Steve Persson: Rushed for a school-record 339 yards on 30 carries and scored four times in a 36-20 win over Bunnell on Friday.
- St. Joseph’s Mufasha Abdul Basir: Rushed for a school-record 268 yards and had four touchdowns in a 42-35 win over McMahon on Friday.
- Hillhouse’s Harold Cooper: Rushed for 330 yards and six touchdowns in a 53-14 win over Branford on Friday. Cooper also returned an interception for a touchdown.
DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Brookfield’s Bobby Drysdale: Batted away a pass on a two-point conversion attempt to lift the Bobcats to a 28-26 victory over Barlow on Friday.
- Lewis Mills’ Max Stone: Returned a fumble 99 yards for a touchdown in a 42-16 loss to Canton on Friday.
- Middletown’s Hunter Belzo: Returned a fumble 23 yards for a touchdown in a 31-13 win over Simsbury on Friday.
- Valley Regional/Old Lyme’s Chris Jean-Pierre: Made 15 tackles (nine solo), one sack, one forced fumble and recovered one fumble in a 42-0 win over Old Saybrook/Westbrook on Saturday.
- West Haven’s Marshont Little: Made two interceptions in a 35-26 win over Shelton on Friday. Little also scored two rushing touchdowns.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Brookfield’s Dan Jackson: Scored on a 99-yard kickoff return in a 28-26 win over Barlow on Friday.
- Darien’s Nick Lombardo: Scored on an 84-yard kickoff return in a 36-27 win over North Haven on Friday.
- Morgan’s Gabe Eriksen: Returned a punt 61 yards for a touchdown in a 48-14 win over Hyde on Saturday.
- New Canaan’s Peter Swindell: Kicked a 42-yard field goal and made all seven extra point he attempted in a 52-3 win over Trinity Catholic on Friday. Swindell has now made eight field goals this season.
- North Branford’s Austin Calamita: Scored on a 79-yard punt return in a 48-20 loss to Coginchaug on Friday.
- Torrington’s P.J. Killmartin: Kicked a 29-yard field goal and made five extra points in a 50-15 win over Sacred Heart on Friday.
TEAMS OF THE WEEK
- Brookfield: Defeated Barlow 28-26 on Friday to earn a spot in the SWC championship game in addition to qualifying for the Class M playoffs.
- Manchester: Junior Vasquez passed for 150 yards and two scores and rushed for another in a 44-24 win over Farmington on Friday.
- O’Brien Tech: Defeated Wolcott Tech 28-12 on Saturday. The Condors have now four games, which set a single-season school record.
- St. Joseph: Defeated McMahon 42-35 on Friday to clinch a spot in the FCIAC championship game.
- West Haven: Defeated Shelton 35-26 on Friday to earn a berth in the Class LL playoffs.
PLAYS OF THE WEEK
ON THE AIR
- O’Brien Tech (4-5) at Hamden Hall (6-3), Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.: ESPNradio1300 and ESPNradio1300.com.
- NVL Championship: Ansonia (10-0) vs. Woodland (9-1), Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.: WATR 1320-AM
- FCIAC Championship: St. Joseph (9-1) vs. New Canaan (10-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: New Canaan Advertister radio
GET OUT AND GO
- NVL Championship: Ansonia (10-0) vs. Woodland (9-1), Wednesday, 6 p.m. at Municipal Stadium, Waterbury: Ansonia in search of its third straight league title.
- SWC Championship: Newtown (10-0) vs. Brookfield (9-1), Thursday, 7 p.m. at Brookfield: Newtown defeated the Bobcats 35-7 on Sept. 27.
- FCIAC Championship: New Canaan (10-0) vs. St. Joseph (9-1), Friday, 7 p.m. at McDougall Stadium, Trumbull: Surprisingly, St. Joseph is making its first appearance in the FCIAC title game.