- COACH — CHUCK LYNCH (11th year, 28-73)
- CONFERENCE — SWC Division I
- PLAYOFF CLASS — Class LL (695 boys enrolled)
- HOME — New Milford High School Field
- 2017 RECORD — 4-6
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 at Weston, 7 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE —Greenwavegridiron.com, Maxpreps | TWITTER: @GreenWave_FB
- HUNTER SKELLY, Sr. WR/DB, (6-1, 175)
- MATT FISH, Sr. WR, (6-2, 180)
- TREVOR ZUPCOE, Sr. OL/DL, (5-11, 215)
- IAN MAGNER, Sr. TE/DE, (6-0, 185)
- CONNOR GANNON, Sr. WR/DB, (6-1 180)
WR Matt Brevard, LB Nate Capriglione, WR/DB Austin Swanson, ATH Nishan Parikh, RB Kendall Greene (transferred to Trinity Pawling), OL/DL Mike Haggerty, QB Tyler Sullivan, LB Kyle Fabich.
Aggressive fourth down decisions and consistent onside kick attempts will be a thing of the past. The Green Wave made a coaching switch in the offseason. Familiar face Chuck Lynch — who coached New Milford from 2003-2012 — replaces Larry Badaracco, who went 16-25 in four seasons, including a 4-6 mark last year.
It’s been a decade since New Milford has posted a record above .500 and another tough schedule this fall will make the climb steep.
The Green Wave graduated quarterback Tyler Sullivan and top receiver Matt Brevard, and saw electric running back Kendall Greene transfer to Trinity Pawling.
The spread offense will remain in New Milford with a number of quality receivers at Lynch’s disposal, though experience is a huge issue for the rebuilding squad. Just two starters return on each side of the ball and getting a roster almost devoid of varsity experience will be extra challenging.
Lynch stressed that fundamentals will be extra important for his inexperienced squad. Hopes are high for the future as the town’s two youth football programs have finally joined together in an effort to rejuvenate participation.
- Sept. 7 — at Weston,* 7 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — at Wilbur Cross, 3:30 p.m.
- Sept. 21 — BUNNELL,** 7 p.m.
- Sept. 28 — BARLOW,* 7 p.m.
- Oct. 12 — AMITY, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — at Stratford,* 7 p.m.
- Oct. 26 — at Masuk,** 7 p.m.
- Nov. 2 — POMPERAUG,** 7 p.m.
- Nov. 9 — NEWTOWN,** 7 p.m.
- Nov. 22 — at New Fairfield,* 10 a.m.
Home games in CAPS
* CONFERENCE game