In the Diamond Gems feature, we will take a look back at some of last week’s top performances. We’ll also look ahead to the upcoming week.
• Emma Crocamo, Seymour: Junior had two hits, including a three-run home run, in a 12-1 win over Woodland.
• Danielle Gray, Law: Senior hit for the cycle and finished with eight RBIs in a victory over Hillhouse and had a hit and an RBI in a win over Cheshire.
• Rebecca Souza, Sheehan: Junior had two hits, two runs and an RBI in a 9-0 win over Lyman Hall and had the game-winning single in a 4-3 victory over Guilford.
• Molly Flowers, Sacred Heart Academy: Senior struck out 15 in a 2-1 win over Shelton, allowed three hits and struck out 13 in a 10-1 victory over Foran and gave up just five hits and struck out 14 in a 10-4 win over East Haven.
• Ashley Guillette, Oxford: Junior pitched a perfect game and struck out 18 in a 4-0 victory over Brookfield and threw a no-hitter and struck out 17 in a 12-0 victory over Stratford.
• Morgan Perry, Amity: Sophomore pitched a no-hitter and struck out 10 in a 4-0 victory over Shelton.
• Nicole Williams, St. Joseph: Sophomore pitched a perfect game and struck out nine in a 12-0 victory over Norwalk.
• Coginchaug: Defeated Cromwell 12-1, Westbrook 14-2 and Haddam-Killingworth 2-1 to improve to 6-0.
• St. Paul: The Falcons are now 5-3 after wins over Crosby, Sacred Heart, Wolcott and Derby.
• Stamford: Notched wins over Ridgefield, McMahon and Danbury to improve to 7-2.
• Amity (6-1) at Cheshire (6-2), Monday, 3:45 p.m.: Amity is 3-0 in the Southern Connecticut Conference Housatonic Division. The Rams are 2-1. No matter the records, this contest between two fierce rivals is usually intense.
• Maloney (8-0) at Southington (7-0), Monday, 3:45 p.m.: We’ll find out just how good Maloney is this week. First, a date with the fellow unbeaten Blue Knights today. Then the Spartans visit Berlin (6-0) on Friday.
• East Lyme (5-1) at Fitch (6-0), Tuesday, 4 p.m.: Arguably the two top teams in the Eastern Connecticut Conference square off in Groton.
• Coginchaug (6-0) at Morgan (5-2), Wednesday, 3:45 p.m.: Morgan has won three straight, including a 4-1 victory over East Lyme last Wednesday.