In the Diamond Gems feature, we will take a look back at some of last week’s top performances. We’ll also look ahead to the upcoming week.
• Alexa DiLeo, Cheshire: Senior hit two home runs in a 20-5 win over Law and hit a two-run homer in a 14-10 victory over Foran.
• Mickaela Mallozzi, St. Joseph: Senior went 3-for-4, including two home runs, in a 7-1 victory over Fairfield Ludlowe.
• Katie Petroski, Seymour: Senior had 10 hits, including three home runs, 11 RBIs, nine runs and five stolen bases in three games last week.
• Gabby Fargeorge, Wilbur Cross: Junior went 5-for-6, including a home run, in a 30-12 victory over rival Hillhouse
• Haley Congdon, Lauralton Hall: Junior pitched a perfect game and helped her cause with two hits in an 8-0 win over Barlow.
• Molly Flowers, Sacred Heart Academy: Senior pitched a perfect game and struck out 11 in a 15-0 win over Guilford. In the process, Flowers set the single-season school record for strikeouts.
• Ashley Guillette, Oxford: Junior pitched a perfect game and struck out 12, including the 1,000th of her career, in a 4-0 victory over New Milford in the SWC tournament quarterfinals.
• Fitch: Earned victories over St. Bernard, Wheeler, Ledyard and Bacon Academy to finish the regular season at 20-0.
• Foran: Kayla Gosselin hit a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the seventh inning in a 6-2 win over Branford. In the win, senior pitcher Jess Harkness earned her 50th career victory, senior first baseman Fallon Bevino collected her 150th career hit and junior catcher Danni Kemp notched her 100th career hit for the Lions.
• Seymour: Defeated Wolcott, Woodland and Ansonia to capture the NVL Brass Division title.
ON THE AIR/WEB
• SCC Tournament semifinals,Thursday, 5 and 7 p.m. at Biondi Field, West Haven: ESPNradio1300.com.
• SCC Tournament Championship, Saturday, 6 p.m. at Biondi Field: ESPNradio 1300 and ESPNradio1300.com.
• East Haven (14-4) at Branford (9-10), Tuesday, 4:15 p.m.: East Haven can win the SCC Oronoque Division title with a victory over the Hornets.
• Bristol Central (13-3) at Bristol Eastern (14-4), Tuesday, 3:45 p.m.: The battle of Bristol, Part I. The teams play again on Wednesday at Casey Field.
• Nonnewaug (11-6) at Brookfield (7-12), Tuesday, 4 p.m.: Brookfield, in its regular season finale, needs a victory to secure a berth in the Class L state tournament.