The SCC Softball Tournament will begin with the quarterfinal round on May 28 at the four higher seeds. The eight teams that have qualified are pretty much set. Updated as of Saturday, 6:20p.m.
Here is what we know:
The four division winners and four wild card teams make the tournament field.
Law (Hammonasset Division) and Mercy (Quinnipiac Division) have clinched division titles, while Amity and Cheshire are co-champs in the Housatonic Division. East Haven will clinch the Oronoque Division with a victory over Branford on Tuesday. If Branford wins, it will share the division title with East Haven and North Haven, but it appears East Haven will earn the automatic berth into the SCC tournament.
Note: Remaining games will determine seeding. Record in parentheses is combination of division and crossover games. Hand or Sheehan will be the No. 1 seed (and the other the No. 2) depending on the outcome of the remaining games.
- No. 1/No. 2 Hand (15-3) Clinched a home game for the quarterfinals.
- No. 2/No. 1 Sheehan (15-3) Clinched a home game for the quarterfinals.
- Amity (14-4) Division/Crossover schedule complete.
- Mercy (14-4) Division/Crossover schedule complete.
- East Haven (12-4) Plays Cheshire on Sunday and Branford on Tuesday.
- Law (12-5) Plays Sacred Heart Academy on Tuesday.
- Cheshire (11-4) Plays East Haven on Sunday and Career (2) on Monday.
- No. 8 Foran (10-7) Plays Guilford on Sunday.
UPDATE (as of Saturday May 24, 6:30 p.m.): Due to this week’s rain, several games impacting seeding were postponed. Notably, East Haven vs. Branford, which is now Tuesday; Cheshire vs. Career (2), which is now Monday; Foran vs. Guilford is now Sunday, as is Cheshire vs. East Haven. Law vs. Sacred Heart Academy is now Tuesday.
The semifinals are set for May 29 at 5 and 7 p.m. at West Haven’s Biondi Field. The championship game is scheduled for May 31 at 6 p.m. at Biondi.
This post will be updated.