In the Diamond Gems feature, we will take a look back at some of last week’s top performances. We’ll also look ahead to the upcoming week.
• Stephanie Appelberg, Masuk: Senior hit game-winning two-run home run in the fifth inning in a 2-1 victory over Lauralton Hall.
• Amber Bonewicz, West Haven: Senior had two doubles, a single, a run and an RBI in an 8-4 win over Lyman Hall and added two hits, a run and an RBI in a 7-2 victory over Shelton.
• Stephanie Cameron, Law: Senior went 5-for-7 last week with three runs, two stolen bases and four RBIs.
• Samantha Belenchia, Ansonia: Junior allowed two hits and struck out eight in a 1-0 win over rival Derby.
• Kendra Friedt, Southington: Junior allowed three hits and struck out 12 in a 1-0 victory over Bristol Eastern.
• Raeanne Geffert, Seymour: Sophomore struck out 19 in a 4-3 win over Watertown, tossed a two-hitter and struck out 12 in a 7-0 win over Kennedy and allowed one hit and struck out 14 in an 8-0 win over St. Paul.
• Amity: Defeated Lyman Hall 12-2 and East Haven 2-1 to improve to 4-0.
• Berlin: Defeated East Hartford 12-1 and then shutout Bristol Central 6-0 to move to 4-0.
• East Lyme: Defeated Norwich Free Academy, Woodstock Academy and defending Class M finalist Granby. The Vikings are 4-0.
• East Haven (2-2) at Law (4-1), Monday, 3:45 p.m.: Law has won three in a row, allowing just four runs during the streak.
• Amity (4-0) at Mercy (2-2), Wednesday, 3:45 p.m.: Defending SCC champion Mercy has already lost two games, and its head coach (Tony Calcagni resigned last week). But the Tigers remain a dangerous team.
• Woodland (5-0) at Seymour (5-1), Friday, 4 p.m.: NVL rivals square off for the first of two meetings during the regular season.