- Coach: Rob Marone (3rd year, 2-19)
- Conference: SCC Division II West
- Playoff Class: M (482 boys enrollment)
- Home: Fitzgerald Field, Wallingford
- 2013 Record: 2-9
- 2014 Kickoff: at Fairfield Ludlowe, Sept. 12, 7 p.m.
- Team page: Max preps page
- Koby Mensah, 5-9, 170, Sr., RB
- Pat Patrell, 5-7, 145, Sr., WR
- Nick Vendetto, 5-10, 200, Sr., TE
- Steve Grammatico, 5-9, 170, Sr., S
- Shane Selander, 5-6, 265, Sr., DT
- James Burnham, 5-9, 165, Sr., LB
Dan Calcagni, FB/LB; Lucas Furgalack, WR/S; Tymar Greene, OL/DL (all-SCC selection); Kyle Smith, Sr. QB (transferred to Hamden Hall)
The Trojans are still fighting to become a competitive program again. After losing their first six games last season, Lyman Hall earned victories over East Haven and Branford in consecutive weeks before losing its last three games. The Trojans went 2-9 in 2013 after going 0-10 in Marone’s first season. Lyman Hall finished 8-3 and reached the Class M state quarterfinals the year before Marone arrived.
A big loss for the Trojans is quarterback Kyle Smith, who transferred to Hamden Hall. Smith passed for 1,298 yards and nine touchdowns last season.
Marone noted that his team is fighting the battle to improve numbers. Although the numbers are still thin this season, Marone was impressed by his team’s effort in the off season.
Mensah rushed 117 times for 780 yards and 10 touchdowns, all team highs, last season. He will likely carry much of the load again out of the backfield.
Lyman Hall plays the exact same schedule as last season except for one non-conference game. The Trojans replace Hyde with St. Bernard/Norwich Tech. Last season, Hyde won 19-14. Lyman Hall is on the road for three straight games beginning Oct. 30 at Branford before closing out the season at home against rival Sheehan.
- Sept. 12 — at Fairfield Ludlowe, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 19 — Cheshire, 7 p.m.*
- Sept. 26 — Guilford, 7 p.m.**
- Oct. 2 — at Amity, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 10 — Hillhouse, 7 p.m.**
- Oct. 17 — at Foran, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 24 — East Haven, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 30 — at Branford, 7 p.m.**
- Nov. 7 — at St. Bernard/Norwich Tech, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 14 — at Law, 7 p.m.**
- Nov. 27 — Sheehan, 10 a.m.*
* — conference game
** — division game