- Coach: Anthony Lucibello (2nd year, 2-9)
- Conference: SCC Division II East
- Playoff Class: M (465 boys enrollment)
- Home: Crisafi Field
- 2013 Record: 2-9
- 2014 Kickoff: at Bassick, Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m.
- Captains: Joe Cima, Chris Maiorano, Austin Thornberg
- Team Page: Max Preps page
- Joe Cima, 6-1, 180, Sr., WR/SS
- Chris Maiorano, Sr., OL/LB
- Austin Thornberg, 5-11, 180, Jr., capt., WR/FS
- Trevor Angelo, 5-11, 175, Jr., QB
- Andrew Beiczi, 6-3, 290, Sr., OL
- Michael DeAngelo, 5-11, 235, Sr., LB
- Niam Coward, 6-3, 245, So., DE
Michael DeMarco, QB/LB; Dom DellaCamera, RB/DB.
The Easties are in Year 2 of “The Process”, a term Lucibello coined, basically meaning the journey back towards relevancy.
Last season, East Haven defeated Bassick in the season opener but then lost nine straight games before winning against rival Branford on Thanksgiving. The Easties were shutout five times in 2013 and scored just 134 points.
East Haven has won just seven games during the past four season. It won four games in 2006, but hasn’t finished at .500 since the 2003 edition went 5-5-1. The Easties last winning season came in 2000, when East Haven went 7-3.
Lucibello, though, believes his team will be improved this season. The coach said the Easties are bigger, faster and stronger than a year ago. The coaching staff is excited for the season to begin to see if the hard work during the offseason will result in more victories.
East Haven, though, must replace running quarterback DeMarco and DellaCamera, the Easties’ leading rusher last season. Both graduated. Angelo begins his first season as the team’s full-time starter at quarterback.
East Haven has a fairly favorable schedule aside from its division games (Foran, North Haven, Sheehan), which are daunting. The Easties’ two crossover games are against Hamden and Wilbur Cross. Both finished with losing records last season, but both are much larger schools. East Haven, though, should be on equal footing against the rest of its SCC slate (Law, Guilford, Lyman Hall, Branford), as well as its two games against FCIAC opponents Bassick and Fairfield Ludlowe. There’s certainly potential for the Easties to improve on last season’s win total.
- Sept. 11 — at Bassick, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 19 — Hamden, 7 p.m.*
- Sept. 26 — at North Haven, 7 p.m.**
- Oct. 4 — at Wilbur Cross, noon*
- Oct. 10 — Law, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 17 — at Guilford, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 24 — at Lyman Hall, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 30 — Foran, 7 p.m.**
- Nov. 7 — Fairfield Ludlowe, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 14 — Sheehan, 7 p.m.**
- Nov. 27 — Branford, 10:30 a.m.*
* — conference game
** — division game