- COACH — PETER NYE (4th year, 15-16)
- CONFERENCE — Pequot Sassacus
- PLAYOFF CLASS — S (283 boys enrollment)
- HOME — Peters Complex, Clinton
- 2017 RECORD — 0-10
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 vs. Stafford/Somers/East Windsor, 6:30 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — Maxpreps | TWITTER — @MorganFootball7
- MIKE SAVAGE, LB,RB, Sr., (5-10, 180)
- HUNTER KYHN, LB, RB, Sr., (6-0, 195)
- RYAN CALDWELL, SS/WR, Sr., (6-0, 165)
- MATT LUCHUK, DE/G; Sr., (6-1, 210)
- ZAK JOHNSON, OL; Sr., (6-2, 175)
- J.P. NYE, QB, Sr.
- GABE FURCHES, NG/G, Sr. (5-11, 190)
- DIEGO PELAEZ, DE/T Jr., (6-2, 233)
RB Issac Eriksen
The margins for small schools can be even thinner.
For Morgan — a team that won 34 games from 2013-16 — the wall came last year as an 0-10 mark came after a yearlong struggle on offense. The Huskies averaged just 7.4 points per game, — scoring more than eight points just twice all fall — a stark decline from the almost 30 the school averaged in going 6-4 in 2016.
The Pequot League squad could bounce back in a big way with 16 returning starters, including nine on offense. Mike Savage and Hunter Kyhn will lead the charge in the ground game. Savage was an All-Sassacus selection at linebacker last season and will lead a strong font five that includes Khyn and Matt Luchuk.
J.P. Nye will start under center for Morgan, which will have far more seniors than a year ago. Seniors Zak Johnson and Ryan Caldwell will try to revive the offense in the receiving game .
The Huskies will be home for the first two weeks as Stafford and Valley Regional visit Clinton, as well as the final two weeks. They have also scheduled two games with Haddam-Killingworth (home and away).
- Sept. 7 — STAFFORD/EAST WINDSOR/SOMERS*, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — VALLEY REGIONAL/OLD LYME**, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 21 — at Haddam-Killingworth**, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 28 — NORTH BRANFORD**, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 12 — HADDAM-KILLINGWORTH,** 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — at Ellington*, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — at Lewis Mills**, Noon
- Nov. 2 — at Cromwell/Portland**, 7:00 p.m.
- Nov. 10 — COGINCHAUG/HALE RAY/E.HAMPTON**, 1:30 p.m.
- Nov. 21 — OSW**, 6:30 p.m.
Home games in CAPS