- Coach: Mark Basil (89-42)
- Conference: Pequot Conference South Division
- Playoff Class: S (301 boys enrollment)
- Home: Colafati Field, North Branford
- 2013 Record: 7-4
- 2014 Kickoff: Cromwell, Sept. 12, 6:30 p.m
- Team websites: MaxPreps page
- Eddie Miller, 5-9, 175, Sr., QB
- Austin Calamita, 6-0, 180, Sr., SE
- Shelby Franklin, 5-9, 170, Jr., RB
- Tyler Hawk, 5-10, 180, Sr., SE
- Lou DiStasio, 5-10, 240, Sr., OL
- Nick Sagnella, 5-10, 195, Sr., LB
- Cory Seymour, 6-2, 215, Sr., LB
- Murphy Castro, 5-9, 200, Sr., DT
John Burke, OL/DE (playing at Salve Regina); Josh Melaccio, RB/LB.
After falling short of a Class S state playoff berth last season, Basil believes his team has the talent to reach the postseason this year. According to Basil, the Thunderbirds have tremendous team speed and strength, and the roster is filled with experienced players.
Miller begins his second year at quarterback, where he completed 77 of 125 passes for 1,235 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for seven scores while being named a second-team All-Pequot Conference selection.
North Branford does have to replace its top running back after losing Josh Melaccio (958 yards, 11 touchdowns) to graduation, but Franklin and senior Christian Iuteri are expected to handle most of the carries out of the backfield. Calamita was an all-league pick last season, catching six touchdown passes. DiStasio, another all-league selection, anchors the offensive line.
Defensively, senior Mike Kaiser made 115 total tackles and five sacks last season while being named an all-league pick. Sagnella (64 tackles) and Seymour (47 tackles, three sacks) also return on that side of the ball
- Sept. 12 — Cromwell, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 20 — at Haddam-Killingworth, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 27 — Lewis Mills, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 2 — at Valley Regional/Old Lyme, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 10 — Nonnewaug, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17 — Avon, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 23 — Old Saybrook/Westbrook, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 1 — at Coginchaug, 2:30 p.m.
- Nov. 8 — at Gilbert/Northwestern, 1 p.m.
- Nov. 14 — at Morgan, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26 — Hyde, 6 p.m.