- Coach: Mike Eagle (5th year, 20-22)
- Conference: Pequot Conference South Division
- Playoff Class: S (283 boys enrollment)
- Home: Peters Complex, Clinton
- 2013 Record: 10-2 (Class S state quarterfinalists)
- 2014 Kickoff: Haddam-Killingworth, Sept. 12, 6:30 p.m.
- Captains: Greg Lee, Joe Lee, Eric Peterson, Jake Ward
- Team websites: MaxPreps page
- Jake Ward, 5-10, 190, Sr., RB/S
- Joe Lee, 5-10, 185, Sr., WR/S
- Greg Lee, 5-10, 200, Sr., C/ILB
- Eric Peterson, 6-3, 305, Sr., OL/DT
- Jace Garcia, 6-3, 350, Sr., OL/DT
- Jake Teuner, 6-6, 240, Sr., OL/DE
- Chucky Kostek, 6-0, 170, Jr., QB
- Mateo Zumpano, 5-11, 155, Jr., CB
Alex Lipka, QB (1,217 passing yards, 11 touchdowns); Riley Cronan, OL/DL; Mark Zumpano, WR; Thomas White, WR.
The Huskies return a core group of seniors that have been starting since their freshman and sophomore seasons. That experience level across the board offensively and defensively should be the key for what Eagle hopes is another postseason appearance. Morgan qualified for the Class S playoffs last season, losing to Woodland in the quarterfinals.
Ward, one of the state’s top running backs, returns after rushing 298 times for 2,576 yards and 41 touchdowns as a junior. He’ll benefit from an experienced and physical offensive line in front of him.
Kostek is slotted to replace Lipka at quarterback. Kostek completed 3 of 8 passes for eight yards and one touchdown in a mop up role last season. The receiving corps is fast and athletic according to Eagle. Joe Lee caught 11 passes for 254 yards and two touchdowns last season, senior Gary Forbes added 16 catches for 200 yards and four scores and Ward is capable of catching passes out of the backfield.
Eagle noted that almost his entire defense returns. Ward, Joe Lee and Zumpano are all expected to perform well in the secondary.
Staying healthy week-to-week, and keeping focus on the ultimate goal, will be key according to Eagle. With size, speed and experience, it could be a special season. Morgan expects to compete for the conference title, but plays in a competitive division with such contenders as Valley Regional/Old Lyme, North Branford, Hyde and Coginchaug.
- Sept. 12 — Haddam-Killingworth, 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 20 — at Cromwell, 1:30 p.m.
- Sept. 27 — at Hyde, noon
- Oct. 4 — at Nonnewaug, noon
- Oct. 10 — at Coginchaug, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 18 — at Canton, 1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 25 — at Lewis Mills, 1 p.m.
- Oct. 31 — at Valley Regional/Old Lyme, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 7 — Ellington/Somers, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 14 — North Branford, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26 — Old Saybrook/Westbrook, 6:30 p.m.