Guess we missed this, but apparently Bristol Central was looking for a new football coach when Sal Cintorino resigned after five years and a 15-35 record.
But before you start polishing those resumes, the job has been filled. Sorry.
Alumnus and associate head coach Jeff Papazian has been hired to take his place, the Bristol Press reported Wednesday.
Papazian, 34, is a 1998 Bristol Central graduate and the son of former coach Ralph Papazian, who coached the team throughout most of the 1970s and was 52-28-3. Jeff Papazian spent the last five years as an assistant under Cintorino.
Bristol Central finished 4-6 last year.
Connecticut football coaching vacancies (as of May 22)
- Housatonic/Wamogo – Deron Bayers resigned April 8.
- Woodland – Tim Shea resigned May 2.
- Bassick – Mike Rodrigues
- Bristol Central — Jeff Papazian
- Conard – Matt Cersosimo
- Danbury – Mark Ecke
- Hamden – Todd Dowty
- Law — Derrick Lewis
- Maloney — Kevin Frederick
- Manchester — Roy Roberts
- Masuk — Joe Lato
- Newington — Eric Hennessy
- Pomperaug – James Reed
- Rocky Hill – Mark Fritz
- South Windsor – David Hodge
- Stratford — T.J. Cavaliere
- Watertown — Luigi Velardi
- Weston – Chris Pace