- COACH — DAVID JUREWICZ (8th year, 19-53)
- CONFERENCE — NVL Brass
- PLAYOFF CLASS — Class L (639 boys enrolled)
- HOME — Jimmy Lee Stadium, Waterbury
- 2017 RECORD — 5-5
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 8 at Holy Cross, 1 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — Maxpreps | TWITTER — @CrosbyFTBALL | INSTAGRAM — @crosbyfootball
- SHEMAR HENRY, Sr. RB/ILB (5-9, 180)
- AL’LOE THOMAS, Sr. OL/MLB (5-11, 205)
- NEHEMIAH LEWIS, Sr. OL/DT (6-4, 225)
- MARQUEL JACKSON-SMITH, Sr. RB/DB (5-6, 180)
- MARK CAMPBELL, Jr. QB/DB (5-9, 175)
QB Alberim Klenja, OL/DL Bernardo Mbaya, WR/OLB Davonte Howard, WR/DB Jaedon Wolfe
Crosby put together a .500 season last year. It was a season that, but for a play here and there, might have been even more: A four-point loss to Woodland to start the season, a five-point loss near the end to Holy Cross, a heartbreaker 7-6 loss to Kennedy on Thanksgiving.
Still, the Bulldogs hadn’t finished at .500 since they went 9-2 in 2008, narrowly missing the (four-team, with six divisions) Class L playoffs. Crosby players dotted the All-NVL team, including defensive lineman Bernardo Mbaya on the first team.
To celebrate, a whole lot of players went and graduated.
“We’re young,” concedes coach David Jurewicz. His Bulldogs will have a lot of sophomores on the field, with only four returning offensive starters (two of them on the line, seniors Al’loe Thomas and Nehemiah Lewis) and three on defense.
Still, Crosby is particularly experienced in a couple of spots. The Bulldogs have a couple of strong linebackers coming back, seniors Shemar Henry and Thomas.
And Henry and Marquel Jackson-Smith give the Bulldogs a couple of options at running back.
Mark Campbell, a junior, takes over from Alberim Klenja, an All-NVL Brass Division pick at quarterback who threw for over 2,000 yards last year.
The Bulldogs play four of their last six games at home, including Thanksgiving morning against Kennedy. They’ll start with two on the road.
- Sept. 8 — at Holy Cross,** 1 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — at Naugatuck,* 7 p.m.
- Sept. 21 — WCA,** 7 p.m.
- Sept. 28 — at Wilby,** 7 p.m.
- Oct. 5 — SACRED HEART/KAYNOR TECH** 7 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — ST. PAUL,* 7 p.m.
- Oct. 26 — WOODLAND,* 7 p.m.
- Nov. 2 — at Derby,* 7 p.m.
- Nov. 9 — at Watertown,* 7 p.m.
- Nov. 22 — KENNEDY,** 10 a.m.
Home games in CAPS