- Coach: Gaitan Rodriguez (2nd season, 3-8)
- Conference: NVL Iron Division
- Playoff Class: Division L (573 boys)
- Home: Torrington High School (Field under construction and might not be ready for beginning of the season)
- 2013 Record: 3-8
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 12 at Naugatuck, 7 p.m.
- Captains: Ben Bonvicini, Dylan Heller, PJ Killmartin, Nate Bresson
- Connor Finn, Jr., QB (6-0 180)
- Tyler Marens Jr., RB (5-6 155)
- Zak Mancini Jr., WR (5-8, 165)
- Ben Bonvicini Sr., OL/DL (6-2 250)
- Kobe Covington Jr. OL (6-0 300)
- PJ Killmartin Sr., K (5-8 130)
- Nate Bresson Jr., TE/DE (6-2 235)
- Nick Paniati Jr., LB (6-0 250)
- Manny Rijos Jr., DB
- Dylan Heller Sr., DE (6-0 250)
Ernie Tracy, OL/DL (NVL Copper Team, six sacks); Desmond Langs WR/DB (NVL Copper Team, 61 catches, 670 yards and 9 TDs)
The Red Raiders return eight starters on offense, including quarterback Connor Finn (1,955 yards 14 touchdowns), running back Tyler Marens, wide receiver Zak Mancini and tight end Nate Bresson who are all juniors this season.
Finn finished last season strong leading the Red Raiders to a 3-1 record in their last four games of the season, under then first-year head coach Rodriguez.
Now with his second season under way, Rodriguez feels that Finn has a good handle of the offense and will provide steady and consistent play.
Marens, Mancini and Bresson, all made impacts as sophomores last year, are joined by senior Manny Rijo to create an offense with the ability to break the big play said Rodriguez.
Two of the Red Raiders’ captains, Ben Bonvicini and Dylan Heller will anchor the offensive line along with junior Kobe Covington.
Bresson will also lead the Torrington defense along with Heller, Rijo and linebacker, Nick Paniati.
Rodriguez sees his team taking steps forward this season and be very competitive in the Iron Division and the NVL as a whole.
- Sept. 12 — at Naugatuck, 7 p.m. **
- Sept. 19 — Woodland at TBA, 7 p.m.**
- Sept. 26 — Oxford at TBA, 7 p.m.* (***)
- Oct. 4 — at Sacred Heart/Kaynor Tech, 10:30 a.m. *
- Oct. 10 — Derby, 7 p.m. *
- Oct. 17 — at Bunnell, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 24 — at Wolcott, 6:30 p.m. **
- Oct. 31 — St. Paul, 7 p.m. *
- Nov. 7 — at Seymour, 7 p.m. *
- Nov. 21 — at Crosby, 7 p.m. *
- Nov. 27 — Watertown, 10:15 a.m. **
Note: Due to field construction, Torrington could play its first two home games on the road at a place to be determined.