Josh Melaccio had eight carries 166 yards and four touchdowns as North Branford defeated Haddam-Killingworth in a Pequot game that was suspended by rain on Thursday and made official this weekend.
According to the CIAC, the teams mutually agreed not to resume the game with the T-Birds leading 39-0 midway through the third quarter.
Haddam-Kill. 0 0 0 x — 0
North Branford 27 6 6 x — 39
- N—Josh Melaccio 25 run (kick failed)
- N—Austin Calamita 0 pass from Eddie Miller (Shelby Franklin rush)
- N—Josh Melaccio 29 run (kick failed)
- N—Eddie Miller 20 run (Franklin kick)Second quarter
- N—Josh Melaccio 15 run (kick failed)Third quarter
- N—Josh Melaccio 56 run (kick failed)
Team records: North Branford 1-0; Haddam-Killingworth 0-1