- COACH — KHAMARR SMITH
- CONFERENCE — Independent
- PLAYOFF CLASS — NEPSAC B
- HOME — Hedges Field, Bridgeport
- 2017 RECORD — 3-6
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 15 vs Blair Academy, 2 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE
- TREMAYNE GARRETT, Sr. RB/CB (5-7, 170)
- TYRESE WRIGHT, Sr. QB/Safety (6-0, 200)
- TAALMYN STATON, Sr. DL (6-0, 310) (Bunnell Transfer)
- DAVID VEREEN, Sr. OG (6-4, 325) (Bunnell Transfer)
- KEVIN HONORIO, Jr. T/DE (6-2, 250)
- REYQUAN MCDUFFIE, So. CB (5-10, 160)
- CASHON YOUNG, Jr. LB (5-10, 185)
- FABIAN THORNE, Sr. DE (6-0, 260) (Hamden Transfer)
- ISAIAH SMITH, So. OG/DL (5-11, 280)
- JOSE SANJURJO, Jr. WR/DB (5-9, 165) (Hillhouse Transfer)
Andre Woodson (QB), Deion Foreman (WR), Navaughn Austin (CB), Mike-Lee Joseph (WR)
It has been four years since Capital Prep Harbor’s inaugural season. It went 1-5 that year. In its sophomore season, the team went 0-7.
Last year, the team elevated with a record of 3-6 and will look to further improve in 2018.
Capital Prep Harbor will graduate the last of its original players who were freshman in 2015 this year. Senior runningback/corner Tremayne Garrett has been crucial in the building of the team both on and off the field as a four year player.
“Tremayne has a 4.35 GPA, 1150 SAT score and many college credits already.” coach Khamaar Smith said. “In addition to being one of our top players, he is one of the highest performing students in the school.”
The Sharks graduated some quality players on offense in quarterback Andre Woodson and wide receivers Deion Foreman and Mike-Lee Joseph.
Capital Prep Harbor brought in multiple transfers to replace its graduated starters. Quarterback Tyrese Wright, a CHSCA All-State player who took Bullard-Havens to the Class S playoffs last season before graduating, will take control of the offense as a post-graduate.
As a senior, Wright passed for 1,488 yards and 19 touchdowns while 1,707 yards and 25 touchdowns for Bullard-Havens. He will be a huge addition for the Sharks this year.
Other notable tranfers are post-graduate defensive end Fabian Thorne from Hillhouse, as well as post-graduates Taalmyn Staton at defensive line and offensive guard David Vereen, both from Bunnell-Stratford.
Capital Prep Harbor will look to continue building its program up, and with a solid transfer group, the team could continue improving this season.
“Many students have transferred to our school in hopes of earning scholarships,” Smith aid. “We aim to place all of our seniors in college programs if they want to go that route.”
- Sept. 15 — BLAIR ACADEMY, (at Hedges Field), 2 p.m.
- Sept. 22 — at King, 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 5 — at Hamden Hall, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 12 — CHESHIRE ACADEMY, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 20 — at Woodstock Academy, 2 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — at St. Luke’s, 3 p.m.
- Nov. 3 — ST. THOMAS MORE, 2 p.m.
- Nov. 10 — CANADA PREP, 2 p.m.
- Nov. 22 — at Achievement First, Noon