Sean Bodie-Dixon, Bloomfield: On Saturday at the Virginia Showcase in Lynchburg, Va., he won the triple jump invitational (50 feet, 9.25 inches)
Korey Steele, Bloomfield: On Saturday at the Virginia Showcase., he was second in the triple jump invitational (48-0.50).
Tess Stapleton, Fairfield Ludlowe: On Saturday at the Virginia Showcase, she won the long jump (19-2).
Gavin Sherry, Conard: On Saturday at the New Balance Games at The Armory in New York, he won the 2-mile Invitational (9:02.58, meet record).
Simon Jupp, Ridgefield: On Saturday at the New Balance Games, he won the 600 (1:21.20).
MEETS TO WATCH
Hillhouse Track Classic, Saturday, 10 a.m., at Floyd Little Athletic Center, New Haven: Boys and girls teams from the SCC, FCIAC, CCC and throughout the state meet to prepare for the upcoming postseason meets.
FCIAC Qualifier, Saturday, at Staples, Westport: Boys and girls qualifying meet for FCIAC teams.
SCC West Sectional, Tuesday, 4:30 p.m., at Floyd Little Athletic Center: Boys and girls from the SCC West division compete as they prepare for the SCC Championship meet (Feb. 7)
SCC East Sectional, Wednesday (Jan. 29), 4:30 p.m., at Floyd Little Athletic Center: Boys and girls from the SCC East division compete as they prepare for the SCC Championship meet (Feb.7)
NOTE: The following results are top times and distances of Connecticut indoor track athletes overall for the entire season through Sunday.
- 55 – Michael Rodia (Shelton) 6.48
- 300 – Simon Jupp (Ridgefield) 34.73
- 600 – Tobias Ruffo (Hall) 1:24.04
- 1000 – Rhys Hammond (Stonington) 2:30.66
- 1600 – Gavin Sherry (Conard) 4:18.11
- 3200 – Gavin Sherry (Conard) 9:12.47, Callum Sherry (Conard) 9:36.82, Vebjoern Roeed (Conard) 9:37.67 (all three Conard times were Elm City Coaches meet records)
- 55 hurdles – Lorenzo Garcia (Northwest Catholic) 7.77
- 4×200 relay – Wilbur Cross (Devin Cue, Caleb Owen, Armon Hyslop, Jeremiah Williams) 1:31.69
- 4×800 relay – Glastonbury (Jadyn Nogueira, Zach Smith, Ryan Smith, Seth Pavano) 8:01.04; Shot put – Davon Colon (Xavier) 51-4.5
- High jump – Cornell Tonge (Hamden) 6-4
- Pole Vault – Matthew Bigelow (Weston) 14-6
- Long jump – Marcus Guyton (Bethel) 22-1.50
- Triple jump – Sean Dixon-Bodie (Bloomfield) 51-6.5 (Hispanic Games, New York).
- 55 – Shelby Dejana (Wilton) 7.37
- 300 – Samantha Forrest (Glastonbury) 40.96
- 600 – Emily Alexandru (Trumbull) 1:36.27
- 1000 – Jenna Zydanowicz (Hall) 3:00.22
- 1600 – Kate Hedlund (Manchester) 5:03.34
- 3200 – Ava Graham (Bethel) 11:37.29
- 55 hurdles – Tess Stapleton (Fairfield Ludlowe) 8.13, Mariella Schweitzer (Barlow) 9.23
- 4×200 relay – Glastonbury 1:45.52 (no runners listed in results)
- 4×800 relay – Greenwich (no runners listed in results) 9:31.08
- Shot put – Trinity Cardillo (Southington) 42-10
- High jump – Tianna St. Louis (Tolland) 5-6, Courtney Rowland (Nonnewaug) 5-0
- Pole vault – Elise Russell (Weston) 11-6, Paige Martin (Norwich Free Academy) 11-6
- Long jump – Tess Stapleton (Fairfield Ludlowe) 19-5.5
- Triple jump – Olivia Lombardi (Oxford) 33-0.