The Housatonic/Wamogo football team forfeited this weekends game against Lewis Mills.
Housatonic interim athletic director Anne MacNeil said the team needed to forfeit because of low numbers due to injuries and illness.
The Mountaineers are struggling this season, currently sitting with an 0-5 record.
The impending forfeit will hand Lewis Mills its first victory of the season.
Housy/Wamogo is the second state football team to forfeit a game this week and the third team this season.
Citing the same reasons, Immaculate forfeited this week’s game vs. Stratford. On Sept. 21, Whitney Tech forfeited its game vs. Cheney Tech.
- The 2013 High School Football MIDSEASON REPORT
- Week 7 Schedule
- Pooch’s Picks: Predictions for greater New Haven games
- Sean Patrick Bowley’s Audibles: Your guide to statewide HS football games
- West Haven’s McCarthy on brink of history
- State Football beat: Morgan gearing up for unbeaten clash vs. Valley Regional/Old Lyme
- Ray Curren’s Inside the SCC: Cooper quietly concluding a stellar career
- Holy Cross pulls away from Torrington
- Immaculate forfeits | Housatonic/Wamogo forfeits
- ‘Underdog’ Staples ready for another epic encounter vs. No. 2 New Canaan
- Week 6’s Plays of the Week!