Some meets took place last week, but there is a full schedule of high school girls swimming meets this week. Here are some meet to keep an eye during the next week.
- New Canaan hosting Norwalk/McMahon, in a meet involving two top-10 State Open teams will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at New Canaan (3 p.m.)
- Hall, a top-15 team at the State Open Championships last season, is hosting Pomperaug, Conard, Amity at Cornerstone Aquatics Center, Saturday, Sept. 15, 3:30 p.m.
- Defending Class LL/State Open champion Greenwich plays host to Glastonbury, Saturday, Sept. 15, 11 a.m. These two squads always face each other early every season.
- New Canaan visiting Staples on Monday, Sept, 17, 4 p.m. Staples placed third at last season’s State Open Championships and has a lot of depth.
- Greenwich hosting Wilton, Monday, Sept, 17, 4:30 p.m. Wilton, which placed fifth at the State Open, should test the Cardinals.
- Fairfield Ludlowe visiting Ridgefield, Sept, 17, 4 p.m. The Falcons are one of the teams that should be on the rise, while Ridgefield aims to build upon the success it showed last season.
- Cheshire, the runner-up at the 2017 State Open Championships, hosts Sheehan and Mercy on Thursday at 7 p.m. Remember, the Rams have that long dual-meet winning streak going.