• When: Today, 7 p.m.
• Where: Hand High, Madison
• Records: Lauralton Hall 14-2-1; Hand 15-2-1
• Championship game appearances: Since the SCC’s first tournament in 2010, Hand has appeared in three finals and won the championship in 2010 (3-0 over Guilford). This is Lauralton Hall’s first season as a member of the SCC.
• What to look for: This will be one of the most exciting games of the season between two evenly matched teams who are strong on both ends of the field. Lauralton Hall has a balanced offense led by top scorers Kiley Forrest, Grace Cogguguillo, Jackie Brewster, Alexa Dawid, Michaela O’Donnell and Kara Duggan. The defense is led by Brewster, a defender, and goalie Mary Beth Rudolph. The Crusaders have an impressive 14 shutouts this season. They have scored 63 goals and allowed only seven.
Among the top forwards for Hand are Katie Omdahl and Kacie McCarthy. Among the players contributing on both ends of the field are midfielders Erin Mammele, Hannah Leckey and Sam Pavano. Goalie Mel Rennie leads the defense. The Tigers have nine shutouts and have outscored opponents 82-17.
• You should know: Lauralton Hall traveled to Madison to open the season and Hand won 5-2. Hand traveled to Milford for the final regular-season game and the teams played to a scoreless tie.