• Jasiah Barnes, Wilbur Cross: Rushed for four touchdowns in the Governors’ 36-14 win over Creed/Career/Whitney Tech.
• Garrett Burdick, Valley Regional/Old Lyme: Kicked a 37-yard field goal and made two interceptions, including one he returned 99 yards for a touchdown in the Warriors’ 45-0 victory over North Branford.
• Zach Davis, Sheehan: Rushed for 281 yards and all six touchdowns on just 16 carries in Sheehan’s 39-0 win over CREC.
• Brendan Holtzclaw, Westhill: Recorded a school-record five sacks, 12 tackles, recovered a fumble and forced another in a 21-0 win over Fairfield Ludlow.
• Kevin Iobbi, Greenwich: Rushed for 242 yards and four touchdowns in a 42-34 win over Trumbull.
• Jaylen Kelley, Seymour: Completed 8-of-10 passes for 290 yards and five touchdowns in Seymour’s 48-7 win over Kennedy.
• Nate Lajoie, Stafford/Somers/East Windsor: Was 11 of 15 for 317 yards and four touchdowns as Stafford/Somers/East Windsor rolled past unbeaten Gilbert/NW 40-7.
• Dan Stecher, Valley Regional/Old Lyme: Ran nine times for 213 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-0 win over North Branford.
• Tyler Sullivan, New Milford: Completed 20-of-36 passes for 407 yards and five touchdowns in the Green Wave’s 39-13 win over Notre Dame-Fairfield.
“It took a while to get going. You have to warm up the oven before it starts to cook. (Morgan) was definitely able to stop us in between the tackles. They won the trench game in the first half. We got lucky with a couple of defensive stands.”
— Cromwell/Portland coach Chris Eckert following a 37-7 win over Morgan.
• Ledyard: Handed Waterford its first loss in a 12-6 victory.
• New Fairfield: Knocked off previously unbeaten Masuk 13-10.
• O’Brien Tech: Defeated previously unbeaten Cheney Tech 28-25.
• Seymour: Earned the program’s 400th victory with a 48-7 win over Kennedy.
• Waterbury Career and Sacred Heart/Kaynor Tech: Set the state record for combined points with 142 in Waterbury Career’s 72-70 win over the Hearts.
ON THE AIR
• West Haven at Notre Dame-West Haven, Friday, 7 p.m.: NewsRadio 960-WELI.
GET OUT AND GO
• Fairfield Prep (4-1) at Cheshire (4-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: Fairfield Prep and the Rams are ranked sixth and seventh, respectively, in the Class LL playoff ratings. So, yeah, this is a big game.
• Greenwich (4-1) at New Canaan (5-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: Marinelli vs. Marinelli, Part 2.
• Newtown (5-0) at Bunnell (4-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: Been a few years since Bunnell’s played in a game of this magnitude.
• Staples (5-1) at Ridgefield (3-2), Friday, 7 p.m.: Ridgefield’s loss to Trinity this past weekend took some luster off this FCIAC clash, but this should still be an exciting contest.
• West Haven (5-0) at Notre Dame-West Haven (3-2), Friday, 7 p.m.: The battle of West Haven. Enough said.
• Rocky Hill (4-1) at East Catholic (4-1), Saturday, 1:30 p.m.: Huge CCC Division III showdown between teams fighting for a Class S playoff berth.