• Corey Babineau, St. Joseph: Tossed six touchdown passes in a 50-12 win over Ledyard.
• Matt Brehon, Hillhouse: Rushed for 94 yards and two touchdowns and also scored on a kickoff return in a 30-24 win over Hand.
• Zach Davis, Sheehan: Rushed for 332 yards and five touchdowns in a 46-33 loss to Foran.
• Tom Dodge, North Haven: Rushed for a game-high 123 yards and two touchdowns on nine carries and also tossed a touchdown pass in a 55-0 win over Hamden.
• Hunter Cobb, Newtown — Scored all six of Newtown’s touchdowns in a 42-19 victory over Stratford at Penders Field. Ran 31 times for 196 yards and scored five touchdowns, also had a touchdown reception.
• Tyshaun James, Middletown: Accounted for 342 yards of offense, rushed for three touchdowns and passed for another in a 34-3 win over Wethersfield.
• Kevin Jones, East Hartford: Rushed for 304 yards and scored three touchdowns in a 30-24 win over Conard.
• Jaylen Kelley, Seymour: Had 18 carries for 232 yards and four touchdowns and completed 4-of-7 passes for 94 yards and another touchdown in a 48-12 win over Naugatuck.
• John Kopek, Stafford/East Windsor/Somers: Recorded five sacks and 11 tackles in a 27-7 win over Granby.
• Grant Nieves, Rocky Hill: Tallied 237 all-purpose yards in a 42-8 win over Northwest Catholic. Caught three touchdown passes and also scored on a punt return.
• Drew Pyne, New Canaan: In his first varsity start, Pyne completed 20 of 35 passes for 281 yards and two touchdowns in a 41-21 win over Ridgefield.
• Josh Vega, Derby: Ran 10 times for 238 yards, had two catches for 82 yards, and scored three touchdowns in a 38-13 win over Crosby.
• David Wells, Shelton: Completed 13 of 24 passes for 181 yards and two touchdowns and ran nine times for 122 yards and two scores in a 33-21 win over Notre Dame-West Haven.
• Matt Hersch, Masuk: Completed 15 of 25 passes for 252 yards and six touchdowns in a 48-8 win over Pomperaug.
• Madden Ward, Morgan: Completed 19 of 21 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns in a 33-27 win over Haddam-Killingworth.
• Mark Zazzaro, East Catholic: Rushed 15 times for 201 yards and four touchdowns in a 30-14 win over Avon. Also made an interception.
“I screwed up. I screwed up. It was all on me. I thought it was third down. All on me. A hundred percent, this game is my fault. Our kids player their hearts out.”
— Cheshire Academy coach David Dykeman after going for it on 4th-and-2 on the Choate 12-yard line instead of attempting a potential game-tying field goal in a 33-30 loss.
• Branford: Griffin Lynch tossed a 25-yard touchdown pass to Daniel Thomas on 4th-and-10 and then threw the ensuing 2-point conversion pass to lift the Hornets to a 15-14 win over Guilford. The Hornets are 2-0 for the first time since 2009.
• Bunnell: The Bulldogs scored 20 unanswered points in the second half to rally to a 20-9 win over New Fairfield, the defending SWC champion. Bunnell is 2-0 for the first time since 2011.
• Hillhouse: Defeated Hand 30-24, the Academics’ first victory over the Tigers since 2001.
• Norwalk: Krishtjan Frrokaj threw three touchdown passes, ran for another and kicked a pair of field goals in a 48-34 win over Fairfield Warde as the Bears improved to 2-0 for the first time since 2011.
• Stafford/Somers/East Windsor: Nate LaJoie was 13 of 18 passing for 143 yards and accounted for three touchdowns in a 27-7 win over Granby to improve to 2-0 for the first time since 1996.
ON THE AIR
• North Haven at Foran, Friday, 7 p.m.: ESPNradio 1300.
Get Out And Go
• Hillhouse (2-0) at Fairfield Prep (2-0), Friday, 6 p.m.: Hillhouse is in search of its second straight victory over an SCC Tier I opponent after defeating Hand last week.
• Griswold (0-2) at North Branford (1-0), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: There should be more non-conference games each week.
• Killingly (2-0) at New London (2-0), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: Melquann Gomez and Efrain Santiago III have each rushed for four touchdowns for New London.
• Middletown (2-0) at South Windsor (2-0), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: CCC Division II East contest between unbeaten teams. Can the Bobcats slow down Middletown senior quarterback Tyshaun James?
• Valley Regional/Old Lyme (2-0) at Morgan (2-0), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: Morgan defeated the Warriors 40-0 last season. This one should be much, much closer.
• Bloomfield (2-0) at Rocky Hill (2-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: Bloomfield, the defending Class S champions, travel to upstart Rocky Hill, which has the talent to pull the upset.
• North Haven (1-1) at Foran (1-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: It’s a contest between North Haven’s single-wing offense against the Lions’ up-tempo spread.
• Norwalk (2-0) at Trinity Catholic (0-2), Saturday, 1 p.m.: Trinity Catholic lost to New Canaan and Greenwich. The Crusaders are much better than their record indicates.
• Greenwich (2-0) at Darien (2-0), Saturday, 1:30 p.m.: Would be quite the statement victory for Greenwich if Cards manage to find a way to knock off the state’s top-ranked team.