• Jasiah Barnes, Wilbur Cross: Rushed for 227 yards in Cross’ 40-21 win over Foran.
• Zach Davis, Sheehan: Rushed for 302 yards and three touchdowns in Sheehan’s 35-27 loss to East Haven.
• Drew Fowler, Ridgefield: Threw for 256 yards and four touchdowns in the second half to rally Ridgefield from a 16-point deficit to beat Trumbull 46-33.
• Jevin Frett, Manchester: Caught five passes for a career-high 230 yards and four touchdowns in Manchester’s 32-13 win over Simsbury.
• Khyon Gillespie, Capital Prep: Ran for 265 yards on 25 carries and two touchdowns in a 56-42 victory over Bullard-Havens.
• Jahkari Grant, Windsor: Threw for five touchdowns and added a 50-yard run in Windsor’s 47-0 rout of Bristol Central.
• Spencer Lockwood, Killingly: Ran for 286 yards and four touchdowns in a victory over Bacon Academy.
• Aaron Korik, Guilford: Quarterback threw for four touchdowns in a 41-34 win over Law.
• Ky’ren Petteway, Waterbury Career: Ran for 215 yards and five touchdowns, also threw for 120 yards and two more touchdowns as Waterbury Career won its first varsity game in its first varsity game.
• Kristian Sapp, Cromwell/Portland: Rushed for 192 yards and four touchdowns on 11 carries in a 55-0 win over Coginchaug.
• Xavier defense: Held Norwich Free Academy to 27 total yards, minus-11 in the first half, in the Falcons’ 36-0 win.
I’ll take an ugly win on any day of the week. I love my guys. I wouldn’t trade them for anybody. We’ll keep working. It wasn’t a perfect night.”
— Manchester coach Roy Roberts following a 32-13 win over Simsbury.
• Fairfield Prep: Patrick Conte connected with Connor Byrne on an 8-yard touchdown pass in overtime in a 26-20 victory over Hand.
• Wilton: Defeated Fairfield Warde in overtime on Matt D’Elisa’s 10-yard run. Wilton tied the game in the fourth quarter after a 95-yard drive.
• Stamford: Defeated Danbury 22-15 on Tyrell Diaz’ 3-yard touchdown run with seconds remaining. The Black Knights won despite being without coach Jamar Greene for a good portion of the offseason as he fought for his job.
• Hillhouse: Defeated Creed/Career/Whitney Tech 35-0 in the first game at a renovated Bowen Field.
• Angelo Martino, Oxford: Kicked a school-record 40-yard field goal in a 32-6 win over Watertown.
• Marce Petroccio, Staples: Head coach won his 200th game in the Wreckers’ 38-13 win over McMahon.
• Waterbury Career Academy: Won its debut varsity game with a 58-13 victory over Wilby.
• Pomperaug: Defeated Barlow, 18-14, for its first victory since the 2014 season.
GET OUT AND GO
• Ridgefield (1-0) at New Canaan (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: New Canaan struggled on offense in a 20-6 win over Trinity Catholic. Ridgefield outscored Trumbull 30-0 in the final 13 minutes of a 47-33 season-opening win. This will be a key test for both team. New Canaan is still in search of an offensive identity, while the upstart Tigers have the talent to pull off the upset.
• Naugatuck (1-0) at Seymour (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: This NVL showdown should be a barometer about both teams’ potential fortunes this season.
• Notre Dame-West Haven (0-1) at Shelton (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: ND will try to avoid an 0-2 start.
• West Haven (1-0) at Xavier (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: Week 2 ‘s game of the week.
• St. Joseph (0-1) at Ledyard (0-1), Saturday, 6:30 p.m.: St. Joseph defeated the Colonels 37-7 in the Class M-Small state championship game in 2014.