- Coach: Frank F. Marcucio, III (3rd year, 8-13)
- Conference: FCIAC
- Playoff Class: LL (1,044 boys enrollment)
- Home: J. Walter Kennedy football field
- 2013 Record: 6-5
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 13 vs Norwalk, 1:30 p.m.
- Captains: Quaheem Dufane, Zac Cowit, Jacob Scarvey, Joe Schlessinger
- Team websites: MaxPreps page
- Josh Exantus, 5-10, 175, Sr., RB/DB
- Isaiah Ramon, 6-0, 230, Sr., FB/LB
- Xavier Baracel, 6-0, 220, Sr., OT/DT
- Matt Vilas, 6-1, 260, Sr., OC/DT
- Frankie Marcucio IV, 6-0, 160, Sr., QB/K (transfer from Seymour)
- Carl Gedeon, 5-10, 175, Jr., WR/DB
- Aaron Petiferd, 5-9, 160, Jr., RB/DB
- Malik Dawkins, 6-4, 280, Sr., OT/DT
- Zac Cowit, 6-1, 200, Sr., DE/TE
- Jacob Scarvey, 5-10, 175, Sr., LB/RB
- Joe Schlessinger, 5-11, 190, Sr., OLB/RB
Evan Skoporatzos TE/WR, Dante Fargnoli WR/DB/Returner, Ryan Coppola QB (2-year starter), Dennis Hart-Lima ILB/RB (3-year starter), Haywood Alexander DT/TE.
Westhill finished the 2013 season on a strong note, winning five of the last six games on the schedule to finish with a winning record. The Vikings look to continue that momentum into this fall as head coach Frank Marcucio enters his third year as coach.
The line will be a big point of emphasis for the Vikings as they return Xavier Baracel and Matt Vilas and senior Malik Dawkins is moving to play on both sides.
Westhill will have to replace two-year starting quarterback Ryan Coppola, but look to have a strong and reliable arm in Seymour transfer Frankie Marcucio, who is coach Marcucio’s son. At Seymour, Frankie started in all 11 games at QB last season and went 41-of-45 kicking extra points and was 1-of-4 in field goals.
The Vikings also return leading rusher Josh Exantus who finished 2013 with 388 yards on 95 carries for four scores.
Westhill’s defense brings back seven starters that allowed 259 points a year ago, including six in the final two games vs. Harding and Stamford.
Westhill will get a few good tests early in the season as they travel to Westport during Week 3 on Sept. 27 to face Staples, which handed the Vikings their worst loss of 2013 (63-14). The Vikings follow with games at McMahon on Oct. 3 and home vs. Trumbull on Oct. 10.
- Sept. 13 — Norwalk, 1:30 p.m.
- Sept. 20 — at Trinity Catholic*, 1 p.m.
- Sept. 27 — at Staples*, 1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 3 — McMahon*, 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 10 — at Trumbull*, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 18 – Bridgeport Central*, 2 p.m.
- Oct. 24 — at Fairfield Ludlowe*, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 1 — at Danbury*, 1:30 p.m.
- Nov. 8 — Greenwich*, 2 p.m.
- Nov. 15 — Harding*, 1:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26 — at Stamford*, 6 p.m.