- Coach: Eddie Santiago (1st as head coach, took over Week 4 last season)
- Conference: FCIAC
- Playoff Class: L (551 boys enrollment)
- Home: Hedges Field, Bridgeport
- 2013 Record: 3-8
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 10 at Law, 7 p.m.
- Captains: Xavier Bass, Christian Hopkins, Jonathan Maldonado, Nick Wardlaw, Stephon O’Grinc
- Team websites: MaxPreps page
- Xavier Bass, 6-2, 185, Jr., WR/DE
- Tyshawn Walker, 6-2, 180, Sr.
- Christian Hopkins 5-11, 160, Sr., QB/CB
- Jeffrey Rogers, 5-8, 165, Jr., LB
- Stephon O’Grinc, 5-10, 265, Sr., DE
- Kanard Codrington 6-3, 190, Sr., FS
In its final season in the FCIAC before moving to the Constitution State Conference next year, head coach Eddie Santiago said his team will “look to field a competitive team every week and shake up the FCIAC before moving.”
It will be a tall task for the Presidents, who couldn’t escape the drama last fall. The Jack Cochran Era didn’t last long. Harding was 2-1, the school’s best start in nearly two decades, when Cochran left the team for what he said were medical reasons. Santiago, an assistant coach, took over the fourth game into the season — a close loss to Fairfield Ludlowe decided on a miracle catch.
Harding managed three wins and, if the stability is there this fall, the Presidents could improve on that.
Harding returns quarterback Christian Hopkins, who is a dual-threat for opponents on the ground and through the air. Santiago said the offense will be a fast-tempo style, while the defense looks to be physical with a solid core returning, including the 6-foot-3 Kanard Codrington.
Sept. 10 – at Jonathan Law, 7 p.m.
Sept. 20 – Stamford*, 1:30 p.m.
Sept. 27 – Norwalk*, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 2 – Fairfield Ludlowe*, 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 10 – at McMahon*, 7 p.m.
Oct. 17- at Ridgefield*, 7 p.m.
Oct. 25 – Danbury*, 2 p.m.
Nov. 1 – Bassick*, 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 8 – at Darien*, 2 p.m.
Nov. 15 – at Westhill*, 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 27 – Central*, 10 a.m.
* Conference games