- COACH — MITCHELL ROSS (2nd year, 1-9)
- CONFERENCE — FCIAC East
- PLAYOFF CLASS — Class LL (736 boys enrolled)
- HOME — Taft Field, Ludlowe High School, Fairfield.
- 2017 RECORD — 1-9
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 vs. Westhill at 6 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — FairfieldFalconFootball.org, Maxpreps | Twitter: @FalconFootball2
- COLIN WILSON, Sr., QB (6-1, 160)
- KEVIN QUINN, Sr., TB/CB 5-7, 165)
- AIDAN WYKOFF, Sr., WR (6-0, 160)
- JAKE NORTHRUP, Sr., WR/LB (6-4, 210)
WR Michael Logan, QB Josh Evans, WR/S Ethan Beri, WR/S Conor Ginley, TB/CB Ian Bartlett, LB/RB Robert Farrugio, LB/OL Wil Parisi, DL/OL Nizar Sakly, OT/DE Brandon Young (transferred to Warde)
This begins Year 2 of Mitch Ross’ reanimation program of bringing Ludlowe football back to life.
After going 0-10 in 2016, Ross was brought in from Darien and last year, got the Falcons a much-needed victory. Even though it was just one, it helped to set the first brick in what hopefully will be a new foundation over the next couple of years.
Ross said that when he started, there were just 22 players on the roster. Now, there are over 100, including senior quarterback Colin Wilson and senior running back Kevin Quinn, two players the Falcons will be expecting huge seasons from.
Wide receiver Aidan Wykoff set a single season reception record last year and is on the verge of becoming Ludlowe’s all-time reception leader.
While Ross said that execution will be a team strength, the team is still developing a “football savvy” that could spell trouble if not found in the early weeks of the season.
- Sept. 7 — WESTHILL,** 6 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — at Trumbull,** 7 p.m.
- Sept. 22 — NORWALK,** Noon
- Sept. 28 — at McMahon,* 7 p.m.
- Oct. 5 — TRINITY CATHOLIC,** 6 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — at Montville, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — at Greenwich,** 5 p.m.
- Nov. 2 — DANBURY,** 6 p.m.
- Nov. 9 — NEW CANAAN,** 6 p.m.
- Nov. 22 — WARDE,* 10 a.m.
Home games in CAPS