The Run to the Sun will now extend into league tournament play as the ECC will hold its Division I and II finals at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville on Feb. 26, the Day of New London reported last week.
So the finals, which will be held on a Tuesday evening, move from Waterford High, which holds approximately 1,800 people, to the 10,000-seat arena, which has hosted the finals since 2009.
The rest of the league tournament finals, as of this time, are scheduled to be held at the following sites:
- Floyd Little Athletic center in New Haven (SCC)
- Nicholas Zeoli Field House at Wilton High (FCIAC)
- Wilby High in Waterbury (NVL)
- Polson Middle School in Madison (Shoreline)
- Bulkeley High in Hartford (CCC)
- Lewis Mills High in Burlington (Berkshire)Note: The SWC will play at a neutral site to be determined during the tournament, while the NCCC normally plays at the highest remaining seed.