- Coach: Sean Ladyga (2nd year, 1-10)
- Conference: ECC Small
- Playoff Class: M (464 boys enrollment)
- Home: Delaporta Field, Uncasville
- 2013 Record: 1-10 (1-4 Small)
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 19 vs. Windham, 6:30 p.m.
- Team website: MaxPreps page
- Cal Senesac, Sr. WR (6-1, 175)
- Alec Casillas, Jr. WR (5-10, 175)
- Tyler Prater, Sr. TE (6-2, 215)
- Thurston Brown, Jr. (5-7, 145)
- Stephen Sieczkowski, Sr. WR (5-8, 160)
- Anthony Hall, Jr. QB (5-10, 175)
- Jared Neal, Soph. QB (5-8, 175)
- Stanley Wybraniec, Sr. OL (6-2, 265)
- Dylan Souza, Sr. OL (6-3, 320)
- Rober Newton, Jr. OL (6-2, 260)
- Evan Spohn, Soph. LB (6-1, 175)
- Jared Citizen, Sr. CB/WR (6-0, 165)
- Erik Place, Soph. DE (6-2, 255)
- Kimaela “Wood” Estelan, Soph. (5-10, 265)
- Zach Meuse, Soph. DT (5-9, 270)
- Tim Foster, Jr. DT (5-9, 170)
Kevin Gazlay LB; Dan McDonald, RB/DB; Justin Keating, WR/LB; Joe Mariani, OL/DL, Garrett Boerenko RB/LB
Outside of a 31-o victory over Woodstock, The Saints have taken their lumps over the last two years. St. Bernard/Norwich Tech hasn’t had a winning season since 2008 and are 1-20 over the last two season.
Sean Ladyga returned for a second stint as head coach in 2014 and the Saints were shut out five times and scored 94 total points while giving up 382.
So St. Bernard/Norwich Tech still has a ways to go to become competitive again in the ECC Small. It’s 2006 state playoff berth seems eons ago.
The restructuring and rebuilding under Ladyga figures to continue in 2014, but Ladyga is hoping that the Saints can improve enough to begin knocking off teams in their division. “Our objective is to win the games you are supposed to and take a game or two with the games that are on the bubble,” he said.
The Saints’ returning players are mix of both seniors and underclassmen, a few of whom haven’t played football until now. Ladyga has had a full year with the Saints offseason training and has helped the rebuilding cause by scheduling similar programs outside the ECC.
In addition to games against fellow ECC Small teams, and vs. Stonington and Montville. St. Bernard/Norwich Tech plays Wolcott Tech and Abbott Tech/Immaculate United at midseason. They also face Lyman Hall and Cheney Tech toward the end of the year.
- Sept. 19 — Windham, 6:30 p.m.**
- Sept. 27 — at Woodstock, 1:30 p.m.**
- Oct. 3 — Griswold, 6:30 p.m.**
- Oct. 10 — at East Lyme, 6:30 p.m.*
- Oct. 17 — Wolcott Tech, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 24 — Abbott Tech/Immaculate, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 1 — at Stonington, 6:30 p.m.*
- Nov. 7 — Lyman Hall, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 14 — at Plainfield, 6:30 p.m.**
- Nov. 21 — at Cheney Tech, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 26 — Montville, 6:30 p.m.*