- COACH — TREVOR JONES
- CONFERENCE — CTC
- PLAYOFF CLASS — S (435 boys enrolled)
- HOME — Falcon Field
- 2017 RECORD — Played JV
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 8 at MCW United, 12 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — Maxpreps, Facebook
- DEREK GENDREAU, Sr., QB, (5-9, 175)
- RJ CARROLL, Sr., OG/DT. (5-7, 245)
- DEVARIO REID, Sr., S, (5-10, 185)
- JAHEEM GREEN, Sr., OG/DE, (5-8, 175)
- JEREMY PEREZ, Jr., WR/FS, (6-0)
- JACOB SCHWALL, Jr., SB, (5-5, 145)
- MICHAEL MYSATYUKOW, Jr., ILB, (5-8, 175)
- ALBERTO SARRIS, Soph., ILB/S, (5-4, 165)
- TROY MITCHELL, Jr., S, (5-5, 125)
- SHAUNESSY REYNOLDS, Soph., OT/NG, (5-5, 185)
After taking one year of varsity football off, the Wilcox Tech Indians are back.
With only a handful of senior players last season the Indians decided to play down at the junior varsity level and rebuild its program.
The Indians return 11 starters from that team who are ready to get back into varsity play. Seven of them are on the offensive side of the ball, including starting quarterback Derek Gendreau, starting running back Devario Reid and offensive weapons — Jeremy Perez, Jacob Schwall and Troy Mitchell.
“We have many weapons,” coach Trevor Jones said. “Big super back (Reid), who ran for 1,100 yards at the JV level. Smart QB (Gendreau) who reads defenses well and very good slot receivers and Z wideout.”
The Indians return three starting offensive lineman as well.
Seniors RJ Carroll and Jaheem Green will lead the way on both the offensive line and defensive lines, along with sophomore Shaunessy Reynolds.
Perez is starting a safety and Michael Mysatyukow and Alberto Sarris will start at linebacker.
The Indians open with MCW United, a co-op program that is in search of its first win since its inception.
They also play Bullard Havens and O’Brien Tech, both playoff teams last season, in their third and fourth games of the season.
- Sept. 8 — at MCW Unit.*, noon
- Sept. 15 — THAMES RIVER*, 1 p.m.
- Sept. 22 — BULLARD HAVENS*, 6:00 p.m.
- Sept. 29 — at O’Brien*, noon
- Oct. 6 — CHENEY TECH*, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — at ATI*, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — PRINCE TECH*, 6 p.m.
- Nov. 3 — QUINEBAUG VALLEY*, 6 p.m.
- Nov. 9 — at Platt Tech*, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 21 — at Vinal/Goodw./WT*, 6 p.m.
Home games in CAPS
* Conference games