- COACH — JOE ASERMELLY
- CONFERENCE — CTC
- PLAYOFF CLASS — L (Co-Op)
- HOME — St. Marie Greenhalgh Complex and Ellis Tech
- 2017 RECORD — 4-6
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 vs. Bullard-Havens, 6 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — Maxpreps
- JOSH DODD, Sr., QB, (6-4, 185)
- JEFF REED, Sr., WR, (6-3, 175)
- MATT FITZPATRICK, Sr., DE
- ADRIAN CASCIANO, Sr., WR, (5-8, 160)
- NICK THOMASSON, Sr., LB, (5-10, 160)
- MATT GRAUER, Sr., OL/DL
- JOEL COMEAU, Sr., DE
- JAYLEN BRINSON, Jr., OL/DL
RB Will McGlynn
The Quinepaug Valley co-op might just be the team to beat in the CTC this season.
With 16 starters returning from a year ago, the Pride have a chance to reach the postseason for the first time since 2013. That season, the Pride went 9-3 and reached the Class M playoffs, the best season under coach Joe Asermelly.
“Being a tri-op that works together, (we have) seniors who have lots of playing experience,” Asermelly said. “(They) took the lumps and now are ready to win.”
Four starting offensive lineman return for the Pride, led by Matt Grauer and Jaylen Brinson. They will be tasked with protected third-year starting quarterback Josh Dodd.
Teamed with main targets, seniors Jeff Reed and Adrian Casciano, Asermelly said that there is a good chance Dodd will break the school’s single season passing record for yards.
“We expect to finish in the top of our conference,” Asermelly said.
The offensive is the key to the Pride’s season.
Defensively, the line of Matt Fitzpatrick, Grauer and Brinson along will the secondary will be the key as the linebacking group, led by Nick Thomasson, improves
The Pride’s biggest tests this season will come quickly.
The tri-op opens with Bullard Havens, which went 9-2 last season and made the Class S playoffs. In their third game they will face-off against O’Brien Tech, which also made the Class S playoffs.
- Sept. 7 — BULLARD HAVENS,** 6 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — CHENEY TECH,** 6 p.m.
- Sept. 22 — at O’Brien Tech,** Noon
- Sept. 29 — at Prince Tech,** Noon
- Oct. 5 — PLATT TECH,** 6 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — VINAL/GOODWIN./WT,** 6 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — at ATI United,** 1 p.m.
- Nov. 3 — at Wilcox Tech,** 6 p.m.
- Nov. 17 — at MCW United,** 12 p.m.
- Nov. 21 — THAMES RIVERS,** 6 p.m.
Home games in CAPS