- COACH — RICH HOLMES, fifth season with co-op (29-12)
- CONFERENCE — CTC
- PLAYOFF CLASS — M (co-op)
- HOME — Mustang Valley, Immaculate High School, Danbury
- 2017 RECORD — 6-4
- TEAM WEBSITES — MaxPreps, TWITTER — @HATfootball
- MATT CHRISTE, Sr., RB/DB (6-0, 175)
- ANTHONY FRASIER, Jr., RB/QB/OLB (6-0, 190)
- C.J. CIANFLONE, Jr., QB/DB (5-8, 160)
- TOM FAHEY, Soph., WR/RB/DB (6-0, 160)
- ETHAN GARCIA, Jr., OL/LB, (5-8, 190)
RB Jordan O’Brien; WR/FS Jake Payton; QB/OLB Jimmy Fahey; OT/DT Juan Cabral; OL/LB Dwight Petrellese; OT/MLB Randy Radcliff; OL/DL Eric Hovasapian; OT/DT Mike Tomanio
There will be plenty of new faces in new places for the ATI United, which returns only two starters on offense and four on defense.
The offensive and defensive lines were hit particularly hard by graduation, so refortifying those two areas will be a priority.
The United welcomes back several key weapons on offense, including junior quarterback C.J. Cianflone, who completed 36 of 74 passes last year for 608 yards and eight touchdowns with only three interceptions. Cianflone also ran for three scores.
Senior running back Matt Christe is back after rushing for 534 yards and four touchdowns last year. He also caught seven passes.
Joining him in the backfield will be junior Anthony Frasier, who rushed for 325 yards and five touchdowns a year ago and caught eight passes for 93 yards and three scores.
Wideout/running back Tom Fahey is also back after an impressive freshman season last year in which he rushed for 101 yards.
Don’t forget, these ATI guys play Iron Man football, with many players lining up on offense, defense and special teams. Last year, Christe had four interceptions and two fumble recoveries, and Frasier recovered three fumbles and took one back to the house.
Graduation losses for ATI include Jordan O’Brien (850 all-purpose yards, 14 touchdowns) and Jake Payton (925 all-purpose yards, eight touchdowns), along with a bunch of the guys who opened holes for them, including Juan Cabral, Dwight Petrellese, Randy Radcliff, Eric Hovasapian and Mike Tomanio.
- Sept. 7 — at Cheney Tech,** 6 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — at Vinal Tech/Goodwin Tech/Whitney Tech** (at Palmer Field, Middletown), 6 p.m.
- Sept. 22 — PRINCE TECH,** 1 p.m.
- Sept. 29 — at Platt Tech** (at Foran High School, Milford), noon
- Oct. 6 — at Bullard-Havens**, noon
- Oct. 19 — WILCOX TECH**, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — QUINEBAUG VALLEY**, 1 p.m.
- Nov. 9— at Thames River** (at Norwich Free Academy), 5 p.m.
- Nov. 17— O’BRIEN TECH**, 1 p.m.
- Nov. 22— MCW UNITED**, 10 a.m.
Home games in CAPS