- Coach: Joe Cefaratti
- Conference: CSC
- Playoff Class: L (671 boys enrollment)
- Home: Palmer Field, Middletown
- 2013 Record: 5-5
- 2014 Kickoff: Prince Tech, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m.
- Team website: MaxPreps page
- Austin Mann, Sr., QB/S
- Amos Talbott, Sr., OL/LB
- Eli Gates, Sr., OL/DL
- Wilson Nickel, Sr., C
There’s reason to believe that this tri-op can improve on last season’s win total. Vinal Tech/East Hampton/Goodwin Tech lost just six starters to graduation and benefit from the return of Mann, who will begin his second year at quarterback.
Mann should have plenty of protection with the return of several starters on the offensive line, including Talbott, Gates and Nickel.
The early-season schedule is favorable. After a season opening tilt with Prince Tech, which reached the Class S state quarterfinals last season, Vinal Tech/East Hampton/Goodwin Tech could very well win its next four games before back-to-back contests against Cheney Tech and Bullard Havens beginning on Oct. 17. Cheney Tech and Bullard Havens should challenge for the CSC title.
Quinebaug Valley (Nov. 7) and Capital Prep/Achievement First (Nov. 13), two playoff teams from a season ago, are also on the schedule, so it’s vital that this tri-op takes care of business against the teams it should beat.
- Sept 12 — Prince Tech, 7:30 p.m.*
- Sept. 20 — at Wolcott Tech, noon*
- Sept. 26 — at Platt Tech, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 3 — O’Brien Tech, 6 p.m.*
- Oct. 11 — at Abbott Tech/Immaculate, 3 p.m.*
- Oct. 17 — at Cheney Tech, 6 p.m.*
- Oct. 24 — Bullard Havens, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 1 — at Woodstock Academy, noon
- Nov. 7 — Quinebaug Valley, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 13 — at Capital Prep/Achievement First, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 26 — Wilcox Tech, 6 p.m.*