- Coach: Nick Aprea (3rd year, 5-16)
- Conference: CSC
- Playoff Class: S (366 boys enrollment)
- Home: O’Brien Tech Athletic Complex, Ansonia
- 2013 Record: 4-7
- 2014 Kickoff: at Prince Tech, Sept. 20, noon
- Captains: Drew House, Giani Krajewski
- Drew House, 5-7, 175, Sr., RB/LB
- Giani Krajewski, 5-10, 175, Sr., WR/DB
- Devin Bacchiocchi, 5-11, 190, Sr., QB
- Jeff Jean-Baptiste, 6-1, 185, Jr., WR
- Chris Marganski, 6-0, 275, Jr., OL/DL
- Ervin Gee, 5-8, 150, So., RB
- Dan Damacena, 5-9, 200, Sr., LB
- Matt Sagehorn, 5-11, 195, So., DE
Jason Diotalevi, TE/LB; Nick Coppola, QB; Tristin Carder, WR/LB.
The Condors must deal with the graduation of three of their top players from last season: Coppola, Diotalevi and Carder. Coppola threw for 1,414 yards, Diotalevi caught 25 passes and made 91 tackles, and Carder made 28 catches, including a team-high six touchdowns.
Bacchiocchi takes over for Coppola at quarterback after being the team’s featured running back last season. As a junior, Bacchiocchi rushed 230 times for 1,429 yards and 15 touchdowns.
O’Brien Tech has a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator, so it may take some time for the Condors to jell. Aprea said that this is the first year the team has more than a few players that can have an impact. He added that the team has looked good offensively in the preseason despite a young offensive line. Defense, though, is still a work in progress.
The Condors enter this season after losing their last two games in 2013: a 55-20 decision to prep school Hamden Hall, and a heartbreaking 7-6 defeat to rival Platt Tech.
O’Brien Tech opens with Prince Tech, a Class S quarterfinalist last season. The Condors later face 2013 playoff teams Quinebaug Valley and Capital Prep/Achievement First, and always dangerous Bullard-Havens. Aprea believes Capital Prep is the favorite in the CSC, but he is hoping his team can move up to the “second tier” of teams this season.
- Sept. 20 — at Prince Tech*, noon
- Sept. 27 — Wilcox Tech*, noon
- Oct. 3 — at Vinal Tech/East Hampton/Goodwin Tech*, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 11 — Bullard-Havens*, noon
- Oct. 17 — at Quinebaug Valley*, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 24 — at Cheney Tech*, 6 p.m.
- Nov. 8 — Capital Prep/Achievement First*, noon
- Nov. 15 — Wolcott Tech*, noon
- Nov. 22 — at Abbott Tech/Immaculate*, 1 p.m.
- Nov. 27 — at Platt Tech*, 10:30 a.m.