- Coach: John Johnson (7th year, 41-21)
- Conference: CSC
- Playoff Class: S (377 boys enrollment)
- Home: Bullard-Havens football field
- 2013 Record: 6-5
- 2014 Kickoff: Cheney Tech, Sept. 13, noon
- Team page: Max Preps page
- Chris McNamara, 6-0, 190, Sr., QB
- Jose Cotto, 5-11, 185, Sr., RB
- Ali Ullah, 6-0, 230, Jr., OL
- Javon Hunt, 5-9, 235, Sr., DL
- Hakeem Fletcher, 6-1, 180, Sr., LB
- Hector Mendez, 6-3, 250, Sr., DL
Trayvis Keitt, DL (now at Western New England University)
The Tigers return two 1,000-yard runners in McNamara and Cotto. McNamara, who’s back at quarterback, rushed 148 times for 1,157 yards and 16 touchdowns, while Cotto gained 1,350 yards on 201 attempts and eight scores last season. McNamara and Cotto will have the luxury of running behind an experience offensive line.
Ten starters are back on defense, including Fletcher, who made 99 tackles, three sacks and recovered five fumbles last season. The Tigers appear to have the talent to vie for a Class S state playoff berth.
Johnson hopes to compete with Capital Prep/Achievement First and Prince Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Those two and Quinebaug Valley all made the state playoffs last season.
- Sept. 13 — Cheney Tech, noon*
- Sept. 20 — Quinebaug Valley, noon*
- Sept. 27 — at Capital Prep/Achievement First, noon*
- Oct. 4 — Platt Tech, noon*
- Oct. 11 — at O’Brien Tech, noon*
- Oct. 18 — at Prince Tech, noon*
- Oct. 24 — at Vinal Tech/East Hampton/Goodwin Tech, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 1 — Wolcott Tech, noon*
- Nov. 8 — Abbott Tech/Immaculate, noon*
- Nov. 15 — at Wilcox Tech, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 25 — at Bassick, 6 p.m.
* — division game