Eight coaches and one media member will be honored as 2013 inductees to the Connecticut High School Coaches Association Hall of Fame at its 37th annual ceremony on Nov. 21 at the Aqua Turf in Southington at 7 p.m.
- Albonizio has coached football at Greenwich since 1997 winning three state championships. He also won one while at Trinity Catholic in 1993. He has 155 victories at Greenwich and 389 total coaching career victories coming into the 2013 season, which includes wrestling and track, which he coached at Port Chester (N.Y.), where he was also head football coach.
- Blomstrann has coached boys soccer at E.O. Smith since 1980. He entered the season with 481 victories and his teams have won five state championships and 21 league titles.
- Freimuth coached baseball for 27 years at Plainville and also soccer at Bristol Central for seven years. He won five baseball state championships and his teams made eight semifinal appearances. Plainville won nine Northwest Conference titles under Freimuth and he was named CHSCA Coach of the Year in 1997.
- Gorman coached boys basketball, soccer, baseball and cross country at Henry Abbott Technical from 1967-1988. He had 270 career basketball victories and won six Western Connecticut Conference championships. He also served as athletic director from 1979-2007.
- Hunt coached football at Ansonia for 19 years, during which he had a 193-26 record, won seven state championships and nine Naugatuck Valley League titles. Hunt died on Nov. 22, 2012 at age 66.
- Lobo has coached boys cross country and track and field at Granby Memorial since 1967. His boys track team won a state title in 1984 and he has five league titles. He has 357 track and 521 cross country victories and was named CHSCA boys cross country Coach of the Year in 1989.
- Williams has coached girls basketball, since 1967, and also boys soccer and girls soccer at Northwestern Regional in Winsted. He has 905 total coaching career victories, and his girls basketball team won a state championship in 1990. His teams have also won 10 girls basketball league titles and seven boys soccer league championships.
- Ziemnicki has coached field hockey, since 1989, and girls lacrosse, since 2008, at Avon and Granby High Schools. She has 288 career field hockey victory and her teams have been to the state championship game three times. She has five league titles in field hockey and two in girls lacrosse. She was named Class S Coach of the Year in 1992.
- Barker has been the sports editor of the New Haven Register since 2006 and has held numerous supervisory and writing positions since 1991, many focusing on high school coverage. He has won multiple writing and section awards from the Associated Press and Connecticut Society of Journalists. He also is a McGinley Award winner for meritorious service to the Connecticut Sports Writers Alliance.