Conard recently honored its spring and senior athletes. Athletic Directors wishing to share award information are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC West Overall Sportsmanship Award for 2013-2014
All State Honors
All-State – Brianna Grande – 1st Team
Grace Murray – 2nd Team
Tessa Sinatro – 2nd Team
Academic All-American – Mary Eanniello, Julia Lankin, Anne Wilson
These awards were presented earlier this year.
NATIONAL FOOTBALL FOUNDATION SCHOLAR-ATHLETE AWARD
To a senior who has been selected for outstanding football performance, academic achievement, and school leadership.
C.I.A.C. SCHOLAR ATHLETE AWARD
To a senior who excels academically, who is a varsity letter winner and has demonstrated exemplary citizenship and leadership.
Elizabeth Lagoy and Benjamin McMahon
MIKE CARR SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD
To an individual who exemplifies outstanding sportsmanship.
CARL P. PALAZZOTTO “P.M.A. AWARD”
To a student-athlete who, by exhibiting a consistently positive mental attitude and by setting an example of enthusiastic achievement for other students, best exemplifies the qualities that “Coach P” demonstrated in his daily life.
THE BOB McKEE AWARD
To a senior football player who exhibits exceptional academic, football, and leadership ability.
DALE HARPER AWARD
To the complete student-athlete who exemplifies the highest standards of sportsmanship both on and off the field and in the classroom.
Emma Everett, Matthew Giuffrida
NORM JOHNSON AWARD
To the student who assisted the coach in the many daily tasks of coaching a team.
Brigid Lucey, Kathleen Ryan, Katherine Thomas, Hailey Townsend
JUSTINE CLARK AWARD
To the young lady whose sensitivity to others and willingness to sacrifice for the team exemplify her total dedication to her team and Conard’s Athletic Program.
Sharon Cherian, Grace Murray
TITLE IX AWARD
To a female student-athlete who possesses outstanding skills and ability, and who demonstrates the highest standards of sportsmanship, cooperation, and leadership in her commitment to Conard sports.
Olivia Bourquin, Elizabeth Lagoy
To the student-athletes who have exemplified themselves as students, spectators, and citizens in the Conard tradition.
Randa Griffin, Daniela Jerez, Anne Looney, Rory Morgan, Caitlin O’Meara, Lauren Sorgio
Peter Braunstein, William Dorsey, Joshua Huffman, Maxwell Kraimer, Travis Sinatro, Max Vogel-Freedman
DISTINGUISHED ATHLETE AWARD
To an exemplary young citizen, a role model for younger students and one who best exhibits the personal traits of courage, poise, self-confidence, and leadership while performing as a varsity athlete.
Katica Barbul, Kiernan Henderson
William Simons, Cole Stabnick
ROTC SCHOLAR-ATHLETE AWARD
To one male and one female who have demonstrated excellence in both academics and athletics.
David Walsh, Shea Williams
COACH FRANK D’ANNOLFO ATHLETIC AWARD
To a multiple sport male student-athlete who exemplifies the essence of teamwork and good sportsmanship through: his unselfish contributions to his team, his dedication, perseverance, positive attitude, patience, and work ethic, and ultimately reflects the spirit and pride of Conard Athletics.
CHUCK LANDROCHE AWARD
To a female and male senior athlete who demonstrates the qualities of respect, commitment, team spirit, leadership, and outstanding achievement.
Jacob Binder, Yashsvi Dave, Kathleen Lynch
THE WEST HARTFORD FRIENDS OF BASEBALL SCHOLARSHIP
To a senior who demonstrates commitment and pride in the sport of baseball.
WILLIAM J. SCHICKLER, III AWARD
To a male junior or senior ice hockey player who possesses a zest for life, demonstrates outstanding skills and commitment to the game, and values the contributions of his teammates. The student should also demonstrate academic achievement and be a good school citizen.
JAMES SPIGNESI SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
To a student-athlete who demonstrates the qualities of commitment and dedication as a leader and team player in the sport of boys’ lacrosse.
LANCE CORPORAL LAWRENCE R. PHILIPPON MEMORIAL AWARD
To a female and male senior athlete who shows genuine respect for others, demonstrates dedication to their team, and shows respect to the flag, for the Pledge of Allegiance, and to those who served our country.
Caitlin O’Meara, Anne Wilson
Jackson Boisvert, Luke Haggerty, Cole Stabnick
TWO SPORT FOUR YEAR ATHLETE AWARD WINNERS
A senior who has played the same two sports for all four years of their high school career.
- Olivia Bourquin – Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Sharon Cherian – Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field
- Sean Cobb – Cross Country and Lacrosse
- James Cotton – Football and Lacrosse
- Yashsvi Dave – Volleyball and Softball
- Spencer Farrah – Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field
- Thomas Gerity – Football and Baseball
- Luke Haggerty – Ice Hockey and Tennis
- Daniela Jerez – Basketball and Outdoor Track and Field
- Elias Kapetanopoulos – Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field
- Jacob Karas – Football and Lacrosse
- Maxwell Kraimer – Football and Lacrosse
- Elizabeth Lagoy – Cross Country and Indoor Track and Field
- Julia Lankin – Field Hockey and Lacrosse
- Caleb LaRosa – Basketball and Baseball
- Jamie Lohneiss – Soccer and Softball
- Charles McMahon – Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field
- Rory Morgan – Volleyball and Softball
- Grace Murray – Field Hockey and Lacrosse
- Melanie Newton – Field Hockey and Ice Hockey
- Caitlin O’Meara – Ice Hockey and Softball
- Andres Sepulveda – Football and Outdoor Track and Field
- Cole Stabnick – Football and Lacrosse
- Abigail Tryon – Volleyball and Lacrosse
THREE SPORT FOUR YEAR ATHLETE AWARD WINNERS
A senior who has played the same three sports for all four years of their high school career.
- Emma Everett – Field Hockey, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Christopher Fernandez – Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Matthew Giuffrida – Soccer, Indoor Track and Field and Tennis
- Randa Griffin – Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Kiernan Henderson – Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, and Lacrosse
- Anne Looney – Field Hockey, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Benjamin McMahon – Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- David Walsh – Soccer, Swimming and Diving, and Tennis