No. 3 EAST CATHOLIC vs. No. 12 WEAVER
• When: Today, 12:30 p.m.
• Where: Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville
• Records: East Catholic 18-6; Weaver 20-8
• Players to watch: East Catholic — Winston Morgan, Sr., G (19.0 ppg, 6 apg); Tyrell Arnum, Sr., C (18.0 ppg, 10.0 rpg); Weaver — KeAndre Fair, So., G (15.0 ppg, 5 apg), Chaylyn Martin, Fr., G (13.0 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 spg).
• How East Catholic got here: The Eagles beat Windham, Barlow and Waterford convincingly.
• How Weaver got here: The Beavers have been just as dominant, their closest game 15 points (73-58) versus Bacon Academy, and its largest 56 points (89-33) in the semifinals against Lewis Mills.
• Why East Catholic will win: Morgan will score at will, Arnum will dominate in the paint and Luke Reilly is one of the best bench coaches in the business. Also, it’s tough to beat a team three times in a season: Weaver won both regular-season matchups.
• Why Weaver will win: There isn’t a hotter team playing at the Mohegan Sun this weekend. The Beavers have won nine straight. They won the CCC title. They blew a big lead in last year’s Class S final to Granby. And Fair makes everything go for Weaver.
• State title game appearances: East Catholic is 3-7 in its previous appearances, last winning in 1972. Weaver is 7-6, last winning in 2007.
• Did you know?: Weaver forfeited two games this season, to Granby and South Windsor, due to the use of an ineligible player.
Who will win the Class LL girls soccer championship?
No. 5 Staples (17-0-3)
No. 7 Ridgefield (17-2-1)
Total Response: 140 Votes