• Who: No. 2 Career (22-4) vs. No. 4 Windsor (21-5)
• When: Today, 5:30 p.m.
• Where: Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville
• CIAC championship game appearances: Career is 1-1 in its previous appearances, last winning in 2012. Windsor is 3-2, last winning (and appearing) in 2009.
• Players to watch: Career — Tyreek Perkins, So., G (10.4 ppg.); Tyrell Eaddy, Jr., G (9.0 ppg.); Jordan Lomax, Sr., F (8.9 ppg.); Windsor — Tyler Rowe, Sr., G (15.0 ppg., 11.0 apg.); Chaunce Dunbar, Sr., F (13.0 ppg.).
• How Career got here: The Panthers had to overcome both Kolbe Cathedral (66-60) and Bristol Central (66-61 in overtime) in the second round and semifinals, respectively, in order to reach the Sun.
• How Windsor got here: The Warriors manhandled Trinity Catholic and Stratford, then ousted the defending champion, Woodstock Academy, in the quarterfinals before holding off Bunnell in the semifinals.
• Why Career will win: They handle defensive pressure well thanks to a variety of guards – Perkins, Eaddy and Amos Ford, all of whom can also make jump shots and get to the basket. Lomax is a rebounding force, and both Justin Campbell and Justice Phifer can hold their own inside.
• Why Windsor will win: At some point, Windsor’s full-court press will wear down the opponent. The Warriors will score off their defense. They are relentless and much like Career, no one cares who scores the points.
• Did you know?: Career coach Larry Kelley played for current Syracuse University coach Jim Boeheim.
Who will win the Class LL girls soccer championship?
No. 5 Staples (17-0-3)
No. 7 Ridgefield (17-2-1)
Total Response: 140 Votes