Join the New Haven Register’s Dan Nowak for live updates of the CIAC Class M girls swim championships from Southern Connecticut State’s Moore Fieldhouse starting at 5:30 p.m. today.
- Class M: at Moore Fieldhouse-Southern Connecticut State University, Wednesday, Nov. 13, 6 p.m.
- Class S: at Freeman Center-Wesleyan, Wednesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m.
Directions: Moore Fieldhouse | Freeman Center
(Click on final results tab on page)
The story so far…
• Branford a solid favorite to defend Class M title: The Hornets have the numbers to repeat as Class M champs with Brookfield and Wethersfield the top team challengers. Branford is led by tri-captains Lauren Rasile, Christina Smith and Paige Cacace. The two wild cards for the Hornets are their solid group of freshmen swimmers and depth in diving, led by Jessica Beler.
• Lauralton Hall favorite to defend Class S title: Crusaders’ coach Fran Pfeiffer has exceptional experience this season with 12 seniors on the team, including versatile swimmers Mary Spillane, Megan Collins, Autumn Katz, Ambur Sheffield and diver Olivia Parise.
Swimmers to watch
• Jamie Robinson, Sacred Heart Academy: One of the many bright spots for the Pacers this season, Robinson dominated the marathon freestyles at the SCC meet with a win in the 500 freestyle (5:17.35) and the 200 freestyle (1:58.03).
• Mary Spillane, Lauralton Hall: She excelled at the SWC championship meet with wins in the 200 individual medley (2:14.21) and 100 backstroke (59.76). She also helped set a school record by winning the 200 freestyle relay in 1:41.50 at the SWC meet with teammates Autumn Katz, Shannon Buttling and Kaitlyn Joy.
Qualifying Meet Results
Get all the latest results from the live update blog