- COACH — MARK FRITZ (5th year, 35-11)
- CONFERENCE — CCC Division III West
- PLAYOFF CLASS — S (361 boys enrollment)
- HOME — McVicar Field, Rocky Hill
- 2017 RECORD — 11-1, lost to St. Joseph in Class M semifinals
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 vs. Northwest Catholic, 7 p.m
- TEAM WEBSITE
- BELALL MATAR, Sr. WR/DB (6-1, 185)
- ALEX BOUTIN, Jr. OL/DL (5-11, 220)
- JA’QUAN GRAHAM, Jr. QB/DB (5-10, 165)
Danny Cavallaro (QB), Joseph Catania (RB), Matt Osgood, (WR/MLB), Joseph Ferreira (RB), Will White (LB), Jack Hansen (CB), Anthony Feliciano (OL/DL), Cole Fishberg (LB), Kyle Sanzo (OL), Dante Baker (DE), Diamante Baker (LB)
Rocky Hill has been dominant over the past three years. In that span, the team has 31-3 record. But it might be difficult for the reigning CCC Division III champs to compete at that same level this season.
The Terriers lost 16 seniors to graduation and will only be returning three starters.
The graduated class includes starting quarterback Danny Cavallaro, runningbacks Joseph Catania and Joseph Ferreira and wide receiver Matt Osgood, leaving the offense seemingly depleted this year.
“All statistical leaders from the year before are gone.” coach Mark Fritz said. “[We] only have 3 returning starters. There will be a lot of competition to earn positions and playing time.”
The three returning starters are wide receiver/defensive back Belall Matar, lineman Alex Boutin and cornerback/quarterback Ja’quan Graham.
Despite the inexperience, the Terriers could still compete this season if their younger players can step up, Fritz said.
“We expect to be competitive within the division.” Fritz said. “[It’s a] great group of kids who aren’t afraid to work hard and have come together nicely.”
- Sept. 7 – NORTHWEST CATHOLIC**, 7:00 p.m.
- Sept. 14 – BLOOMFIELD**, 7:00 p.m.
- Sept. 21 – at Plainville**, TBD
- Sept. 28 – TOLLAND*, 7:00 p.m.
- Oct. 5 – at East Catholic**, 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 18 – BULKELEY/HMTCA/WEAVER*, 7:00 p.m.
- Oct. 26 – RHAM*, 7:00 p.m.
- Nov. 3 – at Avon*, 1:00 p.m.
- Nov. 9 – at Berlin*, 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 21 – CROMWELL/PORTLAND, 6:00 p.m.
Home game in CAPS.