- COACH — JAMES LYVER (3rd year, 2-18
- CONFERENCE — CCC Division I East
- PLAYOFF CLASS — LL (796 boys enrollment)
- HOME — Enfield High School Field
- 2017 RECORD — 1-9
- 2018 OPENER — Sept. 7 at Manchester, 7 p.m.
- TEAM WEBSITE — www.enfieldfootball.org | FACEBOOK — EnfieldFootball
- TALLON STAGER, Jr., RB/LB (5-10, 180)
- WYATT RAYMOND, Jr., WR/LB (6-3, 210)
- JOEL STEWART, Sr. WR/DB (5-10, 165)
- BRENDAN DeBARBER, Sr., WR/DB (6-0, 165)
- ANDREW DIAZ, Sr., OL/DL (5-9, 255)
- FREDDY CENTRELLA, Sr., OL/DL (6-0, 225)
QB/RB Mason Dumas (Springfield College), WR/S Xavier Copening (transfer to Avon Old Farms)
It’s Year 3 in the era of one high school in Enfield. Fermi High closed after the 2015-16 academic year, forcing the merger of two school and leaving the town with one high school football program.
In two seasons since the merger, Enfield High is 3-18.
“We are expecting to be more competitive in Year 3 of our new school since the merger,” said coach James Lyver, an Enfield High graduate who coached at both Enfield and Fermi.
The Eagles — the chosen name after the merger of the Enfield Raiders and Fermi Falcons — have nine starters back from last season’s 1-9 team. But they must replace two significant players in quarterback Mason Dumas and wide receiver/quarterback Xavier Copening.
Dumas, who is at Springfield College, threw for 1,679 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior. Copening had 37 receptions as a freshman and has received offers from UConn and Syracuse. He transferred to Avon Old Farms after the last academic year.
The Eagles return senior receiver Brendan DeBarber, who had 19 receptions. DeBarber, a defensive back, also tallied 22 tackles. Junior Wyatt Raymond had 23 catches and 22 tackles at linebacker.
Enfield will need to find its footing in the first half of the season, given the challenge of its schedule in the second half. The Eagles have East Hartford (9-2), Simsbury (7-3), Southington (8-2) and South Windsor (10-2) in four of their last five games.
- Sept. 7 — at Manchester,** 7 p.m.
- Sept. 14 — at Hall*, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 21 — CONARD*, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 29 — at Hartford Public*, 1 p.m.
- Oct. 5 — GLASTONBURY**, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 19 — EAST HARTFORD**, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 26 — SIMSBURY*, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 2 — SOUTHINGTON*, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 9 — at New Britain**, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 17 — at South Windsor*, 11 a.m.
Home games in CAPS