Above: Highlight reel for Manchester senior quarterback Junior Vasquez.
- Coach: Roy Roberts (1st season)
- Conference: Central Connecticut Conference (Division I East)
- Playoff Class: Class LL (794 boys enrollment)
- Home: Memorial Field at Manchester High School
- 2013 Record: 7-4
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 13 vs. Windsor, 6 p.m. at Wethersfield High School
- Team website: MaxPreps page
- Junior Vasquez, Sr., QB (5-10, 208)
- Demetrius Evans, Sr., RB/LB
- Miles Thomas, Sr., WR/CB (6-0, 185)
- Anthony Rivas, Sr., RB (5-10, 170)
Anthony Ingles, OL/DL; Felix Gonzalez, DB.
Roy Roberts comes home to Manchester after coaching at Newington since 2011.
The Indians are senior-heavy this year and a lot of the players have experience, especially at key skill positions.
Manchester will be led on the field by Junior Vasquez, a senior quarterback who threw for 1,267 yards and rushed for 497 more last season and accounted for 17 toucdowns.
Demetrius Evans and Anthony Rivas will carry a bulk of the rushing attack a year after the duo combined for 863 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Evans was also the team’s leading tackler a year ago (70 solo tackles) and will lead an improved defense that allowed 280 points in 2013.
If Roberts is to take the Indians back to the playoffs, he is going to have to guide his team through a tough regular season schedule. Opening with Windsor and Southington will be no easy task and then in week four he returns to Newington. The second half of the season is not easy, either. Conard, Glastonbury, Hall and Farmington will all pose a tough test.
- Sept 13 — vs. Windsor, 6 p.m. (Wethersfield High School)*
- Sept. 19 — vs. Southington, 6:30 p.m.*
- Sept. 26 — at New Britain, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 2 — at Newington, 6:30 p.m.**
- Oct. 10 — vs. South Windsor, 6:30 p.m.**
- Oct. 17 — at Conard, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 24 — vs. Glastonbury, 6:30 p.m.**
- Oct. 31 — at Simsbury, 7 p.m.*
- Nov. 7 — vs. Hall, 6:30 p.m.*
- Nov. 14 — vs. Farmington, 6:30 p.m.*
- Nov. 26 — at East Hartford, 6 p.m.**