- Coach: Matt Cersosimo (1st season)
- Conference: Central Connecticut Conference (Division I West)
- Playoff Class: Class LL (762 boys enrollment)
- Home: Bob McKee Stadium
- 2013 Record: 4-6
- 2014 Kickoff: Sept. 19 at Newington, 6:30 p.m.
- Captains: Jake Reynolds, Tim Fisher, Ryan Bell and Vinny Gagliardi.
- Team website: MaxPreps page
- Ryan Bell, Sr., QB/OLB (5-11, 215)
- Henry Fracasso, Sr., DE (6-2, 230)
- Karon Golding, Sr., WR/CB (5-10, 180)
- Nate Richam, Jr., RB (5-11, 185)
- Jake Reynolds, Sr., LB (6-0, 195)
- Josh Pavano, Sr., CB (5-11, 170)
- Tim Fisher, Sr., OL (6-0, 230)
Deron Johnson, RB/LB/FS; Cole Stabnick, WR; Max Kraimer, DB.
Matt Cersosimo takes over for his father, Rob as the head coach of the Chieftains in 2014 and is just the third coach in Conard football history since 1957 (Bob McKee-1957-83).
Cersosimo came to Conard last season as the team’s offensive coordinator after spending eight season’s as the recruiting coordinator, wide receivers and cornerbacks coach at the University of Connecticut.
This season, Conard looks to improve on a 4-6 record and compete with Southington for the top of the division. The senior leadership at key positions should help the Chieftains reach that goal.
Bell, Fisher, Fracasso and Golding are all returning all-conference players from year ago and according to Cersosimo are all college prospects. The weakness of the team however may be inexperience.
The stack defense that Conard will use will have to be an upgrade from last season when they gave up 36.6 points per game, because the offense did what it was supposed to in scoring four touchdown’s per contest.
New Britain and Hall become must-win division games if the Chieftains want to contend with Southington for the title. The real test will be on Oct. 24 when they travel to the defending Class LL champions home turf.
- Sept 19 — at Newington, 6:30 p.m.*
- Sept. 27 — at East Hartford, 1 p.m.*
- Oct. 2 — vs. New Britain, 6 p.m.**
- Oct. 10 — vs. Simsbury, 7 p.m.**
- Oct. 17 — vs. Manchester, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 24 — at Southington, 7 p.m.**
- Oct. 30 — vs. Glastonbury, 6 p.m.*
- Nov. 8 — at South Windsor, 2 p.m.*
- Nov. 14 — vs. RHAM, 7 p.m.*
- Nov. 22 — at Hall, 1:30 p.m.**