• Marquel Lloyd, Creed: Had 30 points in the Howling Wolves’ 71-41 win over Valley Regional.
• Tyler Thomas, Amity: Had 35 points in the 68-56 win at Shelton.
• Nate Shulick, O’Brien Tech: Grabbed 27 rebounds in the Condors’ 73-51 win over Vinal Tech.
• Cory Muckle, Westbrook: Muckle had 36 points in the White Knights’ 97-67 win over Portland, the 15th straight for the Knights.
• Jared Simmons, Newington: Poured in 40 points in Newington’s 70-66 win over Platt and added 28 points in a 65-60 win over Maloney.
• Danny Ampofo, Career: Scored 32 points in Career’s 71-63 win over West Haven.
• Alec McGovern and Jackson Benigni, Xavier: McGovern hit the game-winning shot in the final seconds to lift Xavier over Fairfield Prep 56-54, Xavier’s first over Prep since January of 2012. Benigni scored 29 in the win for the Falcons.
“It’s been a while since we’ve been the underdog. We came in with a different mindset. We had nothing to lose coming into the game. One versus 2, our home court, we wanted to protect it. I’m proud.”
Fairfield Warde coach Ryan Swaller told the Ruden Report in the team’s 86-81 loss in triple overtime to Trumbull.
GET OUT AND GO
• Greens Farms at Hamden Hall, Tuesday, 4:30 p.m.: Would be the biggest win for Hamden Hall since Dave Beckerman returned to coach the Hornets last season. Will have a big impact on seeding for the Fairchester League Tournament as well.
• Notre Dame-West Haven at Fairfield Prep, Tuesday, 7 p.m.: Prep’s upset of Hillhouse caught Notre Dame’s attention for sure.
• Sacred Heart at Kennedy, Tuesday 7 p.m.: Holy Cross couldn’t hang on to upset Sacred Heart last week. Kennedy gets another chance.
• Hillhouse at Ledyard, Wednesday, 7 p.m.: Last time these two teams squared off on this floor was the 2015 Class LL state quarterfinals won by Hillhouse 60-59 in overtime.
• Hillhouse at Hamden, Friday, 5 p.m.: Makeup from the snowstorm last week. Regular-season finale for both teams.
• Norwich Free Academy at Notre Dame-Fairfield, Saturday, 3 p.m.: Intriguing non-conference matchup. Credit to NFA to be willing to make the hour-plus ride for this ECC-SWC showdown.
• Bassick at Crosby, Monday, 7 p.m.: Bassick’s one loss was at Windsor back in December. Good matchup for both sides heading into postseason play.
• Crosby’s Jeremiah Kendall eclipsed 1,000 points in his career in the Bulldogs’ 72-65 loss to Sacred Heart. Fairfield Prep’s Pat Harding scored his 1,000th in a 56-54 loss to Xavier. Pomperaug’s Chase Belden scored his 1,000th in a 75-62 win over Kolbe Cathedral.
• Sacred Heart coach Jon Carroll won his 200th game Saturday, a 72-65 win over Crosby.