Danae Rivers – MVP
Wilbur Cross, sophomore, middle distance runner
- Stats: Won the Loucks Games mile. Captured the 800 and 1,600 at SCC Championships, Class MM and State Open. Set an Open record in 1,600 of 4:47.45. Ran anchor of winning Open 4×400 relay. Won the New England Championships in 1,600, finished second in 800.
- Honors: All-SCC and All-State pick. Won the CT Gatorade Girls Track and Field Athlete of the Year. Named NH Register Female Athlete of the Year.
- Off the track: Involved in Elm City Youth Club.
Nally Sahin – Coach of the Year
- Stats: Led the Governors to the SCC Western Sectional championship, a runner-up finish at both the SCC and Class MM Championship meets and took third at the State Open.
Branford, senior, hurdler
- Stats: Senior won the SCC Western Sectional 100 and 300 hurdles, won the 100 hurdles at SCC Championships and second at Class MM. Won the CIAC heptathlon title. Set school records in the 100, 300 hurdles and heptathlon.
- Honors: All-State Heptathlete, All-SCC, All-West Sectional pick.
- Off the track: Played volleyball, was class officer, peer mentor and in the National Honor Society.
- Up next: Will compete at Boston College.
Wilbur Cross, senior, sprints
- Stats: Won the 400 at the SCC Western Sectionals, fourth at Class MM. Was part of the 4×400 relay that won the SCC Championships and the State Open title. Finished third in 4×100 at the Sectional meet.
- Honors: Team captain. All-State selection and , All-American during the indoor season.
- Off the track: Also was a All-Area soccer player.
- Up next: Will play soccer for St. John’s.
East Haven, senior, throws
- Stats: Went undefeated in the shot put, winning SCC Championships, Class M and State Open. Threw a personal-best of 42 feet at the state meet. Placed 12th at nationals. Won in discus at Class M meet and finished sixth at Open.
- Honors: All-State, All-SCC for shot and discus.
- Off the track: Vice President of HOSA Chapter, Historian for Science Club, volunteered at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Up next: Will compete for Southern Connecticut State this fall.
Wilbur Cross, sophomore, hurdles
- Stats: Helped lead Cross to a third-place finish at State Open and an SCC Western Sectional crown. Placed second in 100, third in 300 hurdles at SCC sectionals. Finished second in 100 hurdles at SCC Championships. Placed second (300) and third (100) at Class MM meet. At State Open ran on winning 4×400 relay. Finished third in 300, fourth in 100 hurdles.
- Honors: All-Area Indoor, All-State and All-American pick.
Oxford, senior, throws
- Stats: Won the shot put, placed second in discus and third in javelin at SWC Championships. At Class M state meet, finished second in the shot and discus. Won the State Open discus with a throw of 125-09. At the New England Championships, won the discus (132-06) and took second in the shot put (42-02).
- Honors: All-State, All-SWC and All-New England selection.
- Off the track: member of the honor roll.
- Up next: Will attend Cornell.
Career, senior, hurdles/jumps
- Stats: SCC Western Sectional champion in long jump and triple jump and second in 100 hurdles. Placed second at SCC Championships in long jump, second in 100 hurdles. Won the Class M 100 hurdles (15.56), second in long jump and third in triple jump. Third at State Open 100 hurdles and sixth in long jump.
- Off the track: Volunteers for C.H.A.I.N. Fund for Cancer.
- Up next: Will compete at Findlay in Ohio.
Sacred Heart Academy, senior, jumps
- Stats: Went undefeated in the state of Connecticut in the high jump. A three-time SCC and Class MM champion as well. Won the Open clearing 5-4. Finished the season tied for second at the New England Championships, clearing a personal-best of 5-5.
- Honors: Captain holds the high jump indoor and outdoor school records.
- Up next: Will attend Amherst College.
Haddam-Killingworth, senior, jumps
- Stats: Won the 100, 200, long jump and triple jump at Shoreline Conference Championships. Won the long jump and placed second in triple jump at Class M. Finished fourth in long jump at State Open.
- Honors: All-State in long jump.
- Off the track: Involved in Spanish Honor Society. Three-time Scholar Athlete.
- Up next: Will compete at Quinnipiac.
Amity, junior, jumps/sprints
- Stats: Helped lead Amity to an SCC title, winning the long jump and 200 and a second in the 100. Finished second in 100, 200 and third in long jump at Class LL. Won the long jump (17-06.50) at the State Open and placed second in 100 (12.38).
- Honors: All-State and All-SCC selection.
- Off the track: Second Honors Student, captain of girls soccer team this fall.
Mercy, senior, distance
- Stats: At the SCC Western Sectionals won the 3,200 setting a meet record, second in 1,600 and ran on winning 4×800 relay. Won SCC in 3,200 and 4×800, placed third in 3,200 at Class L and State Open. Captured fourth (10:54.76) at New England Championships.
- Honors: All-SCC, All-Area for cross country and indoor track.
- Off the track: Involved in Spanish National Honor Society.
- Up next: Will compete at Quinnipiac.
Cheshire, senior, pole vault/hurdles
- Stats: Won the pole vault and 100 hurdles at SCC Eastern Sectionals. Set SCC Championship record of 11 feet in pole vault. Took second in pole vault, third in hurdles at Class LL meet. Finished fourth in pole vault at State Open. Placed eighth in CIAC heptathlon.
- Honors: All-SCC, second team All-State selection.
- Off the track: NationalHonor Society member.
- Up next: Will compete for Sacred Heart University in the pole vault.
Wilbur Cross, senior, sprints
- Stats: At SCC Western Sectionals won the 100 dash setting a meet record (12.23) and won the 100 at SCC Championships and at Class MM neets. Won the 100 at Middletown Invite.
- Honors: All-SCC selection, All-American and All-State during indoor season.
- Up next: Will compete for the University of Rhode Island.
Hand, junior, sprints
- Stats: Finished third in 100, 200 at SCC Eastern Sectionals, ran on winning 4×100. At SCC Championships took third in 200, and part of winning 4×100 relay. At Class L meet, placed second in 200, fifth in 100 and fourth in 4×100. Seventh in 200 at State Open, 4×100 finished fourth. At New Balance Nationals, 4×100 took sixth in Emerging Elite setting a school record (49.68).
- Honors: All-SCC selection.
Hillhouse, junior, hurdles
- Stats: Won 300 hurdles and triple jump at SCC Eastern Sectional, SCC Championships and Class MM meet. Won the 300 hurdles at State Open, tying state record of 43.48. Set state record at Outdoor Nationals in 400 hurdles (1:01.42), placing eighth overall.
- Honors: All-State pick in triple jump and 300 hurdles.
- Off the track: President of junior class, member of Pathways to College program. Earned High Honors with Distinction.