The Walter Camp Foundation has announced its 2013 All-State football team.
The team will be recognized by the Foundation during its ‘Breakfast of Champions’ Saturday, January 11 at Anthony’s Ocean View in New Haven. The four state champions, Southington (LL), New Canaan (L), St. Joseph (M) and Ansonia (S) will also be recognized and the foundation will announced its Connecticut coach and player of the year awards.
Festivities will begin at 9 a.m. and will be broadcast on SportingNewsCT.com.
Walter Camp Foundation
Connecticut All-State Team
*Links go to players’ 2013 highlights on Hudl, if available.
- QB — Stephen Barmore, Southington
- RB — Arkeel Newsome, Ansonia
- RB — Ervin Philips, West Haven
- WR — Alex Jamele, Southington
- WR — Nick Weissauer, Foran
- TE — Julian Dunn, Newtown
- OL — Ryan Hovan, Ansonia
- OL — John Tondalo, North Haven
- OL — Steve Hashemi, St. Joseph
- OL — Colin McKeown, Fairfield Warde
- OL — Ryan McKenna, New Canaan
- DL — Zach Maxwell, Southington
- DL — Connor Buck, New Canaan
- DL — Calvin Daniels, Bethel
- DL — Mark Evanchick, Darien
- LB — Ethan Suraci, North Haven
- LB — Cole Harris, New Canaan
- LB — Nick Crowle, Fairfield Prep
- DB — Lars Pedersen, St. Joseph
- DB — Dario Highsmith, Middletown
- DB — Jordan Kowalski, Ledyard
- DB — Harold Cooper, Hillhouse
Coach of the Year award finalists: Tom Brockett (Ansonia), Mike Drury (Southington) and Lou Marinelli (New Canaan).
Player of the Year finalists: Stephen Barmore, Southington; Dario Highsmith, Middletown; Arkeel Newsome, Ansonia; Ervin Philips, West Haven
The Lifetime Achievement Award: Former New London head coach Jim Buonocore. Buonocore won four state titles and totaled a 209-94-8 record as head coach.
The Walter Camp Weekend sponsor Generation UCAN will present the “UCAN Inspire Award,” to Evan Skoparantzos, Westhill.